Do Breeders Like To Hear From Their Sold Puppies?

Guest _MADCAT_

Guest Angel88

Hey all,

I currently have a 5 month old purebred Brindle Bullmastiff called Frank.

I bought him from a breeder advertised on this website (I've been on DOL for years now) and sent an update when he came home with us to show the breeder the puppy got home safely. Then sent another email about a month ago after frank went to puppy school etc and asked some questions and never heard back from her?

I'd love to one day breed german shepherds and would like puppy owners to be able to contact me and send me updates of my pups but I feel as if the breeder of Frank wants nothing to do with me anymore.

I should have looked a bit more before selecting Frank because no matter how much I asked she wouldn't send me a picture of the Sire which was a German Import.

I guess I jumped into it once I saw the picture of frank and fell inlove.

I would NEVER change my puppy as he's totally part of our family now... My partner always looks at frank and says how gorgeous he is.. even if he's being a naughty puppy!

Anyway. Just wondering if breeders like puppy buyers to keep in contact? I haven't over e-mailed the breeder I've only emailed her twice since he's been with me...

Thanks,

Josie.

imag1006.jpg - The night we got him

imag1756.jpg

- At puppy school with my partner holding frank and the trainers dog (they breed saints) and my partner's aunties dog. (partner was holding frank tight because he was trying his hardest to jump on the saint and play but we wanted a nice picture of them together haha)

imag1905.jpg - after a big night of watching us work on our cars

imag2123.jpg - Frank at 5 months old

imag2124.jpg- Frank at 5 months old

imag2125.jpg- Frank at 5 months old

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to hear from my puppy people, and I always will. I also love to be here to give them advice and made sure they knew that no question was dumb or unwelcome.

I do,however, know of breeders that just don't really give a damn if they hear from their puppy buyers again.

Guest Angel88

Thanks for the kind words! he is gorgeous, but a little terror at times haha. he is only 5 months old so still got a while to go yet!!

I asked the breeder what time does she recommend us to desex Frank and never heard back. Our dog trainer who breeds Saints said to desex him around 8 months old because he's a big breed and needs to grow etc.

Guess I'm a bit upset the breeder from Sydney doesn't really care...

I'm getting a German Shepherd next and researched ALOT this time and settled on a breeder that was recommended on this site and love her line of dogs and their temperament.

I wanted a straight back long coat shepherd and her dogs are perfect.

What age would be the best time to introduce another puppy into our lives?

I'm going to be studying Cert III In Graphic Design and my partner is a 4th year Electrician and finishes work between 1pm-4pm depending on work load so between both of us we have heaps of time for training etc.

Frank graduated Beginners Class and will be going to the next level in 2-3 weeks when they start up again.

Thanks for the kind words! he is gorgeous, but a little terror at times haha. he is only 5 months old so still got a while to go yet!!

I asked the breeder what time does she recommend us to desex Frank and never heard back. Our dog trainer who breeds Saints said to desex him around 8 months old because he's a big breed and needs to grow etc.

Guess I'm a bit upset the breeder from Sydney doesn't really care...

I'm getting a German Shepherd next and researched ALOT this time and settled on a breeder that was recommended on this site and love her line of dogs and their temperament.

I wanted a straight back long coat shepherd and her dogs are perfect.

What age would be the best time to introduce another puppy into our lives?

I'm going to be studying Cert III In Graphic Design and my partner is a 4th year Electrician and finishes work between 1pm-4pm depending on work load so between both of us we have heaps of time for training etc.

Frank graduated Beginners Class and will be going to the next level in 2-3 weeks when they start up again.

Hey beautiful boy, I just got my pup Cane Corso male.

I have been going through the leerber training videos which I would recomend to anyone

a tittle which is really good is Puppy 8 weeks to 8 months

Onething he is very adament about is having to puppies at the same time essentially he said unless you are going to have them seperated at all times its detrimentle to their trainging.

Man with all the work thats going into my pup, I dont know how anyone would have the time to look after two hahaha

Guest english.ivy

Both of my dogs breeders love hearing about their puppies and I'm in contact with them both. I'm even fb friends with Badgers fathers breeder in Scotand.

I'm another one that loves to keep in contact with my puppy owners :thumbsup: ....& i make sure I tell my puppy people this when they pick the puppy up.

To me there is nothing as satisfying as getting a lovely update & photos of a happy puppy in it's new home & knowing that a puppy that I bred is giving a family so much joy & love.

I love all my babies & miss them & still care about them all...I probably sound crazy, but I even sent every puppy from my 1st litter some birthday presents for their first birthday. :laugh:

I even have several of my puppy owners on my friends list on facebook so I can have regular contact with them...& one of my babies from my 1st litter is coming back for a 3 week holiday in a months time, while his owners go overseas...which I am very excited about. :D

So sorry to hear that your breeder doesn't feel the same way....maybe they have just been very busy & hasn't checked her emails for a while.

By the way your puppy is beautiful. :)

Guest Angel88

]Hey beautiful boy, I just got my pup Cane Corso male. I have been going through the leerber training videos which I would recomend to anyone a tittle which is really good is Puppy 8 weeks to 8 months Onething he is very adament about is having to puppies at the same time essentially he said unless you are going to have them seperated at all times its detrimentle to their trainging. Man with all the work thats going into my pup, I dont know how anyone would have the time to look after two hahaha

Thanks! I do want to wait till Frank is atleast a year old and at a level of training and socialization that we are comfortable with. I'm fine with heaps of work and training - I started to do the DELTA dog training until my mum had a heart attack and I had to stop it all and become a carer for her and my dad for a year or so.

But I do want to wait till the time is right before adding another family member, But I found the breeder I want so I'll just stay on her puppy list until the time is right to add another puppy.

My Grumpy's breeder rings me if he hasn't heard from me for a while. With Princess Mini, I'm in contact all the time with Merijigs (who rehomed Mini to me).

My breeder called me to say frank was on the plane, then emailed me once after I updated her, then nothing :(

It's good to hear puppy buyers and breeders keep in contact! atleast I have you guys to talk to about my puppy!

Frank is gorgeous :love: I love to hear from my puppy owners. In fact I email them to ask how the puppy is going and for pictures. There was recently a thread about the age between puppies. This was about a specific breed, but it still has some good general info. Link

aww thanks. I had a look at the thread and I was considering introducing a new puppy into our lives once frank is about a year old and is going well with training etc.

Both of my dogs breeders love hearing about their puppies and I'm in contact with them both. I'm even fb friends with Badgers fathers breeder in Scotand.

I love your Shepherd in your signature, very very very gorgeous!!

I'm another one that loves to keep in contact with my puppy owners :thumbsup: ....& i make sure I tell my puppy people this when they pick the puppy up.To me there is nothing as satisfying as getting a lovely update & photos of a happy puppy in it's new home & knowing that a puppy that I bred is giving a family so much joy & love.I love all my babies & miss them & still care about them all...I probably sound crazy, but I even sent every puppy from my 1st litter some birthday presents for their first birthday. :laugh: I even have several of my puppy owners on my friends list on facebook so I can have regular contact with them...& one of my babies from my 1st litter is coming back for a 3 week holiday in a months time, while his owners go overseas...which I am very excited about. :D So sorry to hear that your breeder doesn't feel the same way....maybe they have just been very busy & hasn't checked her emails for a while.By the way your puppy is beautiful. :)

that's gorgeous you send birthday presents! I'd definitely do that if I had puppies to show the new owners I still care about them!

I don't want to pressure the breeder so I don't keep sending emails. I understand people are busy and don't always check emails etc.

ah well, no matter what we love frank and very happy we have him :)

Guest english.ivy

I love your Shepherd in your signature, very very very gorgeous!!

Thanks, that's Ivy :) Frank is adorable too. Reminds me of Badger when he was a puppy, big and goofy hehe.

love, Love, LOVE updates and pictures :thumbsup:

I have a website full of pictures from new owners, I see them often and we are always in touch.

Yep I do something similar...I have a special page on my website for my puppy owners photos. :D

Frank is so gorgeous and squishable :laugh:

Mindy's breeder likes hearing about how she is doing, although I guess a lot of breeders are quite busy so it takes them a while to get back to you.

But we always receive a reply and I think many breeders like to know how there pups are going.

We didn't stay in email contact with our last dogs breeder although she minded Clover when we went on holidays a few times and we saw her occaisonally at shows and she always remebered us which was nice (well, Clover lol).

I would think it was weird if the breeder showed no interest in the puppy.. maybe she's just been busy?

I still sometimes email Obi's foster carer, and she's always happy to see photos etc, which is cool.

Btw, your check chain in the group photo is way too big for the puppy. I don't agree with using them on puppies, but if you are, at least make sure they fit properly.