Omg! The Crate Is Massive! Where Do You Keep Yours?

Aztec Gold

Quinn has two. (One was Busters but he isn't keen on it and she loves them)

One is at the end of my bed because she prefers to sleep in it but it doubles as a table to keep my stereo and other stuff on.

1-27.jpg

The other is blocks an unused door to outside in the loungeroom, this is where she is crated on hot days, when being fed and where she rests during the day. Its also the one I pack up and take to training seeing as she went throught he back of her soft crate.

I think crates look quite nice as part of a room when they have a tidy bed in them, Mums new pup will be crate trained so we will soon have a second crate beside Quinn's.

My three sleep in theirs under the family room window. There are two wire crates and one small trolley. They love their beds and usually tell me when they want to go to bed at night (or maybe it is the biscuit they get :laugh: ;) )

We have a 42" for our lab puppy (she's 17 weeks now). It lives in the corner of our bedroom at night and she loves it. During the day she is just wherever I am although we have built her a run in the backyard for when we go out. She hated the run initially but I moved the crate out there and now she is very happy to go out there. Only problem is I have to carry it out in the morning and back in at night and it's flippin' heavy! I'm thinking of getting a soft crate for in the house- just have to work out how to break it the OH :laugh: As for the bed, I got the crate from vebopets online and they had mats made to fit for $20 so I just got a couple of those. They wash and dry really well. I also got one of their crate covers- cheap and very lightweight with little window flaps you can open up to let breeze through.

I have a 36" that lives in my living room. But my living room has a slightly narrower section that "real" furniture wouldn't fit in to and it sits nicely against the wall and isn't in the way. Kenzie can see what's going on if she chooses to go in there. But really it's there just so she can go in if she wants and then it gets packed up to come to training, etc. Emma only ever had a crate as a "hospital ward" and that was a huge soft one that I pushed up against the wardrobe doors in my room, but it was really easy to move around when she wasn't in it and my room has heaps of space to leave it in the middle when I needed the doors!!

So the 42" crate arrived for our golden pup who will be here in 3-4 weeks. It's massive! Where do you keep yours? Photos would be much appreciated!

Also, what do you put in the bottom, blanket wise?

Thanks!

bahaha thats what I said when I got mine... I ended up putting it outside and turning into his outsite crate, I bought a small kennel and put that in there as well and trained him to that.

Inside he is on a leash and is constantly with someone, if no-one can supervise him inside he is put in his crate outside..

Because he has the kennell inside his crate the blankets are put in there.

I'll post a picture when I get home.

Obviously as my dog get larger he will outgrow his kennel and the crate will not be used, I'll convert to a dog run once that is the case.

Welllll I have rather a few!

A soft one inside in the laundry as it really doesn't fit anywhere else - it is 115cms or something like that. It is also the one I collapse and take training, trialling etc. They go in that (or one) does to eat and also at night when it's cold.

I have an extra large Vari kennel in one dog run and a even bigger mesh one in the other. I have another 115 cm crate that is at my SIL's housing her new rescued 6 month old kitten and the 90cm on is stacked ontop of the other in the dog run as is the small soft crate that is only one Whippet big :)