What Did You Take Your Pup Home In?

Aztec Gold

Well these days I try to ge them flown down as it is much shorter.

In the past either on the lap, or in the footwell (no near the driver of course) lined with blankets.

Take towels and baby wipes Just in case. Or the last one a cat crate with toilet stops down quiet tracks and roads.

When I have had to travel with pups I go down a quiet looking gravel road and let them toilet there, never get the out at servo's or rest stops.

Longest trip 750kms.

If I have had someone else drive then pup has travelled on my lap, covered in a towel.

Longer trips of 4+ hours have been in a crate in the back of the car.

also take along kitchen roll, spray cleaner and plastic bags to clear away any mess in the car (just incase pup is car sick)

I've never had a problem with a pup who wants to be on my knee after the trip or a pup who was bothered about going into a crate on later trips/bedtime.

They sit on my lap too :laugh: But it was only a half-hour drive. 4 hours.. uhm... ask if you can borrow a friend's smaller crate? :o That's all the ideas I have.

I had a 6 hour drive home with my baby boy and he basically slept the whole time on my lap - which was great because from that drive onwards he was car sick until he was about 10 months old.

I liked having him on my lap because we could tell when he needed to go to the bathroom, plus it was a good bonding experience.

Also, he would have cried for most of the drive had we tried to put him in a crate - so it also depends on the dog. Mine was a puppy who literally screamed when I had my shower the first day he was home, even though he was in the bathroom with me and the shower had glass see-through walls. We had lots of showers together, and today, if you leave the shower open, he will still try and come and sit at your feet, looking terribly sad and get drenched.

3 hour trip, on my lap all the way, whist driving. :thumbsup: I am sooo bad. :laugh:

Omg that's crazy!!! :D how on earth did you manage??

Thanks everyone!!

It was a dog rescue from the rspca so I picked her up from the vet after being desexed, so she was quite groggy. She still puts her head in my lap on the way home from the beach if she is really tired and has a bit of a nap, which brings up another popular question, best dog car? Any car that has a front bench seat. :thumbsup:

My girl was too big for lap sitting when I got her 9 month old dane, she was in the back seat of the car with a harness on as a reward for selecting her rephrase that she chose me she had a large smelly vomit on the way home I was stuck at the start of the F3 and just wanted to get home on the Central Coast. After that trip I had to coax her into the car until she realised it was really fun to go places now she loves it and doesn't like to miss out and hasn't been sick since.

Chloe - my arms/lap. She was the most gorgeous puppy I'd ever laid eyes on - so I couldn't resist.

Sasha - well she was 2.5yo when we got her with the longest gangly legs you've ever seen... and at 35ish kgs although she probably would have loved to sit on someone's lap - she would have looked quite comical stuffed on OH's lap... so she got the whole back seat (which she proceeded to vomit all over - but she did look very sorry about it). :o