Urgent Help Needed! My Friend Needs To Find Temporary Home For His

.christine.

Hello!

I'm not sure is this is the right section but I am reaching out to you all for some help or suggestons of who to contact.

My friend in Sydney (Enmore/Newtown area) has been told by his landlord he can no longer keep his 2 Staffies and he needs to remove them immediately . They are desperately looking for anyone who may be able to offer to look after them for approx 4-6 weeks while they look for a new dog-friendly home to rent. All food etc will be paid for. Dogs are maybe 4 years old, both males. I'm not sure how they are with other dogs and cats or around children.

If anyone can offer help, has any friends or knows of anyone in the Sydney/Newtown area who may be able to help, or can list any foster groups I could put my friend in contact with please let me know ASAP. Please pass this on to anyone you know who may be able to help as this is urgent!

Thanks everyone!

Christine

I'm not sure why they are not in a kennel, I'm sure he would he looked into it. He doesn't drive so maybe he can't get to a kennel? He just asked me to put the word out to see if anyone could help out so I thought I'd try asking here. Thanks heaps for your replies! :)

Hello!

I'm not sure is this is the right section but I am reaching out to you all for some help or suggestons of who to contact.

My friend in Sydney (Enmore/Newtown area) has been told by his landlord he can no longer keep his 2 Staffies and he needs to remove them immediately . They are desperately looking for anyone who may be able to offer to look after them for approx 4-6 weeks while they look for a new dog-friendly home to rent. All food etc will be paid for. Dogs are maybe 4 years old, both males. I'm not sure how they are with other dogs and cats or around children.

If anyone can offer help, has any friends or knows of anyone in the Sydney/Newtown area who may be able to help, or can list any foster groups I could put my friend in contact with please let me know ASAP. Please pass this on to anyone you know who may be able to help as this is urgent!

Thanks everyone!

Christine

Tell him to read his lease. Unless it says no dogs then there's nothing the landlord can do until renewal time. Don't worry about the whiners. Either they're there to help the dogs or feed their egoes.

Don't worry about the whiners. Either they're there to help the dogs or feed their egoes.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but it reads as if you're refering to the other posters in this thread. Generally I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but what you're implying is that the few people who have already posted (posts which offered good suggestions) are posting only to "feed their own egos", presumably through attacking the OP (which no one has actually done).

Again, I may be misreading you somehow and if I am, I apologise but it does sound very much as if you're jumping on the (very whiney, ironically) "Don't bash the noobs" wagon just a tad early (you know, before it's even happened).

Back on topic..

I'd also suggest kennels. There may be some foster carers who'd take on dogs indefinitely (without surrender forms signed) but frankly, it's a very risky thing to do in the event something goes wrong or the carer ends up with the dogs longer than they believed they would.

Most kennels around here offer a pick-up service so perhaps your friend could call a few in his own area and enquire? Or, failing that, there are plenty of pet transport companies that could be used to transport the dogs from home to kennels.

Typo

Edited by Hardy's Angel

I'd be seeking tenancy advice.

If the landlord has previously given permission then they should not be able to withdraw it unless there has been an issue with the dogs and a default notice has been served. In which case they would have a certain time to remedy the default (or dispute it).

If their lease is still on foot then it is a takes a fair bit of time for a landlord to apply to evict etc - time in which they could find a new property without having to (technically) remove the dogs. If they are out of lease then it can be terminated on notice by either party.

Good luck in the quest to find a dog friendly rental in Enmore/ Newtown - it is hard enough to find a decent rental for a reasonable sum of money without factoring in dogs. Your friend may have more luck in Marrickville and Bardwell Valley etc

If they do have to be moved elsewhere then I'd book them into Hanrob - they operate a free pick up/ drop off service from Sydney Animal Hospital in Erko.

Edited by Danois

Hi - thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to offer suggestions and help for my friend. I have mede notes and will email him all your suggestions! Thanks to those of you who pointed out to have another read over the lease agreement, I'll make sure he does read over it again as he may have just been told verbally and not looked into it properly.

Thanks again to everyone, you are all fantastic! :)