An Awful Couple Of Weeks

tlc

I agree with this thread wholeheartedly. Although it was initally my cat that has taken care of me before I got Sasha. My beautiful cat stayed with me when I couldn't get out of bed, woke up when I was awake and couldn't sleep, still to this day gives me cuddles when she knows I'm not well. Animals just know. Silly Sasha makes me smile everyday with her sillyness, playfulness, happiness. From chasing a ball, to being little miss social and having to meet all the dogs at dog school. Plus she is a dog that always has a great big smile on her face. Everyone says to me "look at that smile" LOL. Occassionaly she will rest her head on my leg or roll over for a tummy rub, or bring one of her toys to me because she wants to play. Its the simple things that animals do that can really help heal a person. I truly believe that whether it be a cat, dog, or any other animal they really have the power to make you feel loved, no matter what and to make you smile and laugh ( which can't be a bad thing )

Kaos loves everyone, she is a nutter when anyone comes over and does not give a crap about me.

A few months ago i was sick, migraine and sick as, i went to bed one night and woke about 30 hours later to mum asleep in the spare bed (i rung her a few times and she was worried - i cant even remember ringing her!)

She said the whole time i was out of it, Kaos stayed with me, didnt get off the bed to see mum, showed no interest in her - only me.

she has NEVER done that, so she must have known i was very ill and looked after me :)

Atlas also spent all the time with me - but he always follows me, visitors or not!

Hope you feel better TLC

A few years ago I got whiplash in a car accident. At the time I had my beautiful maltese, Miss Daisy D, but oh she was so hyperactive, always on the go. When I was just lying on the couch not being able to move she never left my side, never made any noise, never wanted anything. The minute I felt better she was back to her normal self :laugh:

More lovely doggie stories. Keep em coming!

Hope you feel better tlc. I love hearing about your dogs.. they sounds so amazing :)

Thanks CW EW, I think they are and just amaze me more and more every day!

TLC- my sickness timetable is as follows:

2 weeks of feeling unwell (sinus, post nasal drip, sore throat, migraines, aching)

2 weeks of full on coughing fits

2 weeks of no coughing during the day, but cough returned at night/early morning

Finally recovered!

Hope this kinda helps. The antibiotics I was on did nothing for me, it's only to stop you from being actively contagious.

Yes this helps, very similar to how I feel. I have just had the confirmatin from my blood tests that it is definatley whooping cough. I am like you with the meds, they have done nothing, well it feels like nothing. I am onto day 13 now so hopefully the coughing will ease off over the next couple of days. They said it can take 3 months to feel fully well and no coughing, ah what joy to look forward too!

Just a short n funny one..

We had a minor car accident on the weekend and I have a sore/stuff neck from it. My husband was rubbing Deep Heat on it this morning, I was sitting on the floor in front of him (who was on the couch).. Maui was watching on with curiosity and then jumped on the back of the couch with his paws on my husbands shoulders!

It would have made the funniest photo. It was like he was copying..

Just a short n funny one..

We had a minor car accident on the weekend and I have a sore/stuff neck from it. My husband was rubbing Deep Heat on it this morning, I was sitting on the floor in front of him (who was on the couch).. Maui was watching on with curiosity and then jumped on the back of the couch with his paws on my husbands shoulders!

It would have made the funniest photo. It was like he was copying..

:rofl:

Awww thats so cute, hope your neck is feeling better soon.

I was putting vicks on myself the other night and two little curious noses had to come for a sniff and boy did they take off in a hurry! :laugh:

Im attempting to go back to work today, 5 hour shift this arvo, so my lot won't know what to do with themselves as I have been home every day for nearly 2 and a half weeks. I'm sure they will just sleep the day away like usual. :laugh:

Dogs are so wonderful in that respect, glad to hear they're being good nurses, TLC.

This photo was taken the last time I was sick in bed. Two very active puppies spent the whole three days I was off from work sleeping and keeping me company.

208358_508368011459_218800254_240140_1917745_n.jpg

These stories of love and understanding from our four legged friends when times are not so good are just wonderful. I have teared up while reading a few of them... they have been so beautiful (not the hard times but the love from the animals)

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!