Back neighbours dog in jumping over the fence

she ha only started doing it this last week and owner cant work out why

he other dog doesnt jump them

so after talking to her need some ideas tokeep the dog in before she gets hurt

so cut her foot yesterday gettting over the fence

5ft high Galvanised fence with railings

Thanks

• Like 1

We have the same and just extended ours from 4.5ft to 6ft. My BIL who is a builder by trade did it for us but it was pretty simple - pre-cut panels bolted onto the existing fence. Took them a few hours and cost just over $200. I can take a pic for you if you like?

ETA pics:

post-27737-0-85497900-1311399451_thumb.jpg

post-27737-0-50886200-1311399477_thumb.jpg

The bottom line of bolts are where the top rail of the fence is, the ones above are to secure it I think? It's very sturdy anyway.

Oh and capping the top of fence will prevent the dog cutting itself.

Edited by SecretKei

Thanks SecreKei

They do like nice fenceing

will mention that to neighbours

but will have to be probally 8ft high

as the dog got over the 8ft high fencing again tonight :(

and she hurt herself trying to get back over to her house after I rang her owner

she seems to be taking off when her owner isnt there and also when she hears a puppy from across the road from our house

she makes a beline towards the puppy direction

straigh over back fence into my nieghbours backyard and then tries to get over my side neighbours gates

owner of dog is not sure why she doing this in last few weeks as she hasnt got out before or wanted to

the male dog doesnt go anywhere he just stays home and barks for her tocome back

trouble is she is getting hurt each time she jumps the fences :(

I like the look of those ones SecretKei as she may not be able to grab on to get over

Thanks

I would try using something that bends back towards the neighbors yard if they will allow it.

I have seen it used for cats so they can't get out of the yard.

This is to only picture I could find, you could make it look much nicer than this one:

Cat-Enclosures-Fig-1.jpg

You can do something similar to the above photo by running a wire and putting different lengths and sizes of plumbing pipe along it. Not very aesthetically pleasing but as the pipe will continually roll around the wire, the dog cannot get purchase on the top of the fence to go over.

I would try using something that bends back towards the neighbors yard if they will allow it.

I have seen it used for cats so they can't get out of the yard.

This is to only picture I could find, you could make it look much nicer than this one:

Cat-Enclosures-Fig-1.jpg

Thats agood idea to try also

as long as not wire as such as she seems to use her paws to climb anything that has gaps in it

maybe something slipery so she cant grab on to it

will mention that idea to her , as she is upset her dog getting out , and could also get hit if she gets over my gate or other neighbours gate onto road

none of us want to see that happen

Thanks

You could always look into an electric fence placed just above the exhisting one.

Certainly one of the more cheaper methods of keeping a dog in.

Best check the status of your state first about electric fences.

You could always look into an electric fence placed just above the exhisting one.

Certainly one of the more cheaper methods of keeping a dog in.

Best check the status of your state first about electric fences.

Agree with this. A friend of mine has a dog that is a climber, was getting out on 7ft fences. I had him at our place for a month and kept him in with a 4.5ft fence which has the top wire electric. He only got zapped once, now he won't touch the fence at all. Climbing cured.

We run an electric fence around the top of the house yard (we are on a farm) & the dogs only try to climb out once :thumbsup: If they are diggers then you can run it along the bottom too, as long as it doesn't touch the ground.

How do you run a live wire on the top of a fence? We have an elec fence and an escaping dog and as of yesterday a council note from the ranger so we need ideas to keep her in. If we could use our existing electric fence that would be beneficial to us than having to fork out more money in extending the fence somehow- We are only in this place for 12 months then hopefully buying so whatever we dog needs to be somewhat temporary.

You don't run the wire above the existing fence, you run it a little below the current fence line. Unless the dog is able to clear jump, it will have to touch the wire or tape to go over.Usually a dog will jump, and use its front feet to hold onto the top of the fence and then scramble over (if that makes sense). I think in NSW it is illegal to run electric fences to contain dogs though. I've checked and it is okay in Qld.

I mentioned a Electric fence last week end when spoke to owners

how much do they cost ?

will metnion it again to owner to check it out

they are trying everything to keep her in

and is baffled as to why the last few weeks only she is getting out

after last nights episode she ended up with a cut on her leg

she will be speaking with her regular vet also to see if there is a problem with her dog

is it possible she may have a maternal instint to hearing the puppy barking ? even though it isnt her own pup

Thanks for the replies

much appreciated all neighbours involved what to keep her safe

How do you run a live wire on the top of a fence? We have an elec fence and an escaping dog and as of yesterday a council note from the ranger so we need ideas to keep her in. If we could use our existing electric fence that would be beneficial to us than having to fork out more money in extending the fence somehow- We are only in this place for 12 months then hopefully buying so whatever we dog needs to be somewhat temporary.

I have used fiberglass elect fence posts (the 1/2inch round) tied or wired to the existing fence, run the wire on this so its not touching anything else and run a length of underground cable from the closest hot wire to the above wire. Have also run elect wire above gates this way. I have also done the duck yard with these posts with chicken wire attached to it. Keeps the foxes and dogs out.

I mentioned a Electric fence last week end when spoke to owners

how much do they cost ?

will metnion it again to owner to check it out

they are trying everything to keep her in

and is baffled as to why the last few weeks only she is getting out

after last nights episode she ended up with a cut on her leg

she will be speaking with her regular vet also to see if there is a problem with her dog

is it possible she may have a maternal instint to hearing the puppy barking ? even though it isnt her own pup

Thanks for the replies

much appreciated all neighbours involved what to keep her safe

Have a look on Ebay. here is one for $106. as a buy it now. You might get one cheaper in the auctions on Ebay though. You would also need insulators and wire. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-2km-MAINS-Powered-Electric-Fence-ENERGISER-RRP-159-/250647855777?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Farming_Agriculture_Farming_Agriculture_Equipment&hash=item3a5bc6c2a1

Edited by smooch