Looking For A Soft Crate

TsarsMum

hey im looking for a soft crate for my samoyed. He is still a little chew happy when left in the house on his own. and normally sleeps out side but we are having some wild weather so re teaching him to back into a crate would be great.

can anyone recommend me some?

thanks

If he is chew happy might he chew his way out of a soft crate? Is there any reason you don't want to start with a wire one?

Different types of crates are described here.

Your local auction sites, such as ebay, trading post, gumstree, oztion etc. are great places to search for crates - often the second-hand ones are very good value.

I dont have alot of room and storage so thats why im more looking towards a soft crate.

when i say he chew happy its more the kids stuff. Like wooden blocks etc. and with 3 kids there is always a toy somewhere.

we had a metal one before (my brother has it at the moment for their dog.)

I was worried with the price differences and being in w.a. there is not many over here to look at (i have seen none in the local shops that would fit him) and would like to know about quality.

I have just bought a k9 pro crate - it was a lot cheaper than my k9+ crate. Both are great quality :)

http://www.k9pro.com.au/categories/Crates/

Got mine from here too! :thumbsup:

I did get a mat for my crate too. But, it was more for cleaning purposes... if the mat gets dirty, I throw it in the washing machine instead of getting in the crate and cleaning the bottom of it.. does that make sense? :laugh:

I dont have alot of room and storage so thats why im more looking towards a soft crate.

when i say he chew happy its more the kids stuff. Like wooden blocks etc. and with 3 kids there is always a toy somewhere.

we had a metal one before (my brother has it at the moment for their dog.)

I was worried with the price differences and being in w.a. there is not many over here to look at (i have seen none in the local shops that would fit him) and would like to know about quality.

Head to your canine on the weekend and look in shop or go to better pets and gardens and they can often order them in that's how i got mine :D metal and soft

I have just bought a k9 pro crate - it was a lot cheaper than my k9+ crate. Both are great quality :)

http://www.k9pro.com.au/categories/Crates/

Taking the $$$ out of it, which crate do you prefer and why? you can PM me if you like. I bought a K9 Pro crate for my JRT, but they're out of stock of larges, so I'm considering getting a K9+ for Lexi because K9 Pro said it could be a few months until the larges are back in stock

I have a K9pro crate.....it is great...and will endure a fair bit of chewing/pulling.

It is easy to erect/dismantle and light weight but very sturdy and cosy.

it even has a front AND side zipper entrance. I would recommend this crate to people.