Anatolian Shepherd Dog

Troy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just so you are kept up to date Dogs Qld have moved to have an injunctuion passed so that the breeds remains separated until the ANKC can hear further debate on the issue....so don't hold your party just yet Lilli.....and just as an aside Kangals still appear in the breeds list for Dogs Qld as at today

Dogs QLD, like every other Member State of the ANKC, must abide by the Resolutions determined by the ANKC Board.

http://www.dogsqueensland.org.au/Breeds.aspx?gid=6

Re "injunction":

Member States can appeal an ANKC Resolution, and submit a Rescission Motion

but until the ANKC Board determine otherwise,

the ANKC Resolution to register the Anatolian Shepherd Dog and Kangal Dog as 'Anatolian Shepherd Dog', is actuated as of January 1st, 2012.

Edited by lilli

• 2 months later...

Just an update for consistency,

16 May 2012

In accordance with Item 5.3.3 of the ANKC October 2011 Board meeting minutes, please note that as from 1 January 2012, all Kangal Dogs on the database were changed to Anatolian Shepherd Dogs.

However, Dogs Queensland had some concerns with how this decision was reached and based upon this, a rescission motion was lodged with the ANKC on 6 March 2012, which was circulated to all States at that time. The States were given until 4 May 2012 to reply.

I wish to now advise that this rescission motion was lost and as a result of this decision, the motion as resolved at the October 2011 ANKC Ltd Board meeting remains being that, from 1 January 2012, ANKC Ltd will combine the registrations of Kangal Dogs and Anatolian Shepherd Dogs under Anatolian Shepherd Dogs.

http://www.cccq.org.au/News.aspx?id=428

Edited by lilli

Lilli

This no true. They telling me only yesterday in QLD they taking the best pure Kangal to enty in the EKKA. I make suggestion for you to find true information. They telling me it's not definite yet and I can taking my KangalZ to the EKKA

Lilli

This no true. They telling me only yesterday in QLD they taking the best pure Kangal to enty in the EKKA. I make suggestion for you to find true information. They telling me it's not definite yet and I can taking my KangalZ to the EKKA

I'll be surprised if your entries are accepted if the breed on the entry is "Kangal". The Kangal no longer appears on the list of recognised breeds on the ANKC's website.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Lilli

I doubt you can enter a Kangal in the Ekka, as if you 'win' you will receive no Challenge cetificate or BOB Champion certificate from the ANKC.

The ANKC ultimately run the show.

Are you able to post the information you are referring to,

or a link to the information?

Edited by lilli

A friend is currently travelling through Uzbekistan and posted this photo on FB

Would this be an Anatolian?

562398_453980974615401_100000105075640_1972064_362904214_n.jpg

It depends where it is from;

it seems only the rider of the horse would know :)

Lilli

I doubt you can enter a Kangal in the Ekka, as if you 'win' you will receive no Challenge cetificate or BOB Champion certificate from the ANKC.

This one they sending me from Queensland RNA

so Lilli you are wrong!!!

Subject: RE: entering show

Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:07:20 +0000

I’ve been advised that the rescission motion has failed so the Kangal does not officially exist as a recognized ANKC breed. However, our Canine committee has advised that we will still be accepting entries for the Kangal dog.......

Lilli

I’ve been advised that the rescission motion has failed so the Kangal does not officially exist as a recognized ANKC breed. However, our Canine committee has advised that we will still be accepting entries for the Kangal dog.......

So Lilli ANKS is not matter. QLD they make the truths and Kangalz is real breed. I'm turk so I know what I saying on this one!!

So Lilli ANKS is not matter. QLD they make the truths and Kangalz is real breed. I'm turk so I know what I saying on this one!!

Kangalz, I do not think Dogs QLD can act on their own,

and ignore ANKC Rulings

unless Dogs QLD want to expel themselves from the ANKC.

I doubt this is the motivation.

Probably the person who wrote you the email, is having a joke (otherwise why would they actively encourage you to dismiss Dogs QLD's Authoritative body: the ANKC)

or the 'Canine Committee' the author refers to, is not that at all.

Who is the author of your email?

Edited by lilli

Lilli

Kangalz,

Why would one bother entering their "kangal dogs" dogs in a show in Australia when the ANKC (the national canine authority) DONOT recognize the breed? You can not receive challenge points. The Kangal folk need to start looking at the anecdotal evidence rather than emotive, non relevant and misguided information.

Dogs QLD may be misguiding the RNA on the matter but for what purpose?

The ANKC voted unanimously to amalgamate the breeds. Dogs QLD put forward a recession motion which failed. So the ruling stands! It couldn't really be any more straight forward could it? The question is not whether or not the Kangal Dog exist, but that in Australia there is no difference between an Anatolian or Kangal registered dog. If you are Turkish you should do some research on what is going on in Turkey with respect to their national breed.

Edited by protectorasd

Kangalz, I do not think Dogs QLD can act on their own,

and ignore ANKC Rulings

unless Dogs QLD want to expel themselves from the ANKC.

I doubt this is the motivation.

Probably the person who wrote you the email, is having a joke (otherwise why would they actively encourage you to dismiss Dogs QLD's Authoritative body: the ANKC)

or the 'Canine Committee' the author refers to, is not that at all.

Who is the author of your email?

I not want to make trouble. my kangalz will be at the show and not anatolian.

As a somewhat impartial observer I became curious about this topic so decided to email DogsQLD directly to find out the official answer.

I sent the following question to DogsQld in an email:

In regard to the recent decision to combine the registrations of the Kangal Dog

and Anatolian Shepherd dog could you please confirm the following:

In

relation to showing dogs formerly classified as Kangal Dog at the Royal

Queensland Show.

Noting that Kangal Dog is listed in the Shedule for this

event, how will dogs entered in this event as 'Kangal Dog' be treated?

i.e. will they be:

a. listed in the catalogue and shown as Kangal Dog,

b. listed in the catalogue and shown as Anatolian Shepherd Dog along

with dogs entered as Anatolian Shepherd Dog,

or will

c. entries

be refused/returned as the breed 'no longer exists'.

This is the reply in full that I recieved from Roslyn Glancy at DogsQld:

They will be entered as Anatolian Shepherd dogs.

As this is from the official source, I hope it clears up the issue for all.

• 3 weeks later...

It was with great interest and anticpation that I searched for this thread this morning and have been quite disappointed.

I was lucky emough to be introduced to this fabulous breed at Dogs NSW on Sat and was captivated by them from the minute I saw them in the ring.

Later chatting with the breeders I got to meet four :love: and that was it for me !

I was unable to chat for long with the breeders due to time constraints so was keen to start my research today with this thread.

So far all I have read is pages long debate on ANKC and other classifications - which I am aware is extremely important to current owners and breeders - however as someone who is here to find out more about the breed I was sadly disappointed.

It would be great to actually receive answers to the questions posed at the beginning of this thread - which is THE PURPOSE of Breed 101 threads - as you are doing this wonderful breed a huge disservice by not showcasing their talents,breed purpose and charateristics and allowing poeple like myself to gain more information.

These forums should be about promoting purebreeds and allowing poeple to become educated about the breed in order to make informed decisions on the fit of the dog in question to their lifestyle / home cirumstances...

Education os the key so can you please educate not debate :scold:

DLL please look in the breed section in General, there is a livestock guardian thread which has lots of information and puppy photos

Thank you Millbrooksprings :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to sound harsh but was just very disappointed that no owner/breeder knowledge was forthcoming...

Runs off to search for livestock thread...