Bonding Activities

brittany_137

Just play with the dog. I truly believe that you just playing with the pup, you're really relaxed, happy and just enjoying being with the dog... they will sense that.

Play their games like join in their zoomies, play tug, go hunting with lizards with them.. :laugh:

Also training is a good way to bond with a dog.

Edited by CW EW

Dog Walking has to be at the top of any list as a bonding activity infact I would say essential..

Walking with a dog I think is a good way to maintain and improve the relationship, but if you're trying to build one where there isn't something there already, I find walking can actually make it worse - just because you realise how out of sinc you are etc and it can make you feel frustrated with the dog.

I find training and playing can work wonders though - and have personally had great results.

Edited by jacqui835

thanks for all your comments, we already have a strong bond. but i want to make sure it stays strong, and try to make it as strong as possible. we've started going to a dog club on sundays, we go on nightly walks and play with his toys together. :)

Food. No 'free feeding' - all food comes from you.

'Bonding' btw is mostly about leadership and having your dog look to you as a good leader.

......and about enjoying the time you spend with your dog no matter what you are doing together. (though being a good leader helps this too ;) )

Edited by espinay2

Dog Walking has to be at the top of any list as a bonding activity infact I would say essential..

Absolutely. Also helps a new dog bond with the resident dog.

As well as the other activities others have mentioned.

grooming for me too. I also talk a lot to my dogs and sing at them when I'm doing mundane things like getting their food ready and hanging out washing - I also make sure I use their names. No mean feat when you have 14.