Heelwork To Music

:rofl: @ ness - but you're young, have time and have some creativity ... all unfair advantages in my book ;)

@ kallistar - ooh good - glad I'm not the only one behind a bit. Entries went in the post this morning - and I am really looking forward to seeing people over there - will be worth going just for that - and if nothing else, the dogs and I should give people a laugh. :laugh:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My music is done but sadly I can't get my head around the moves to go with the music.

I know it will be alright on the day but I need to get off my butt and do something.

Between Rally O and DWD my head is in a constant spin. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Gamby, well he just follows me like a shadow and looks at me with the Aussie look that says "Oh Alright" God love him

My music is done but sadly I can't get my head around the moves to go with the music.

I know it will be alright on the day but I need to get off my butt and do something.

Between Rally O and DWD my head is in a constant spin. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Gamby, well he just follows me like a shadow and looks at me with the Aussie look that says "Oh Alright" God love him

You will do fine, I know you will.

Oh and about my freestyle routine, I haven't done a thing about it since Saturday. Too hot and now too wet..

:rofl: @ ness - but you're young, have time and have some creativity ... all unfair advantages in my book ;)

@ kallistar - ooh good - glad I'm not the only one behind a bit. Entries went in the post this morning - and I am really looking forward to seeing people over there - will be worth going just for that - and if nothing else, the dogs and I should give people a laugh. :laugh:

Great :) So how will I recognise you apart from having two BC's Aussies are easy to spot.

I have chosen some music for HTM but I still need to shorten it.

I still havent decided on anything for freestyle yet BUT I have been working on training her for it! I used the hype at flyball at canberra this weekend for proofing- if she can do it outside the ring doing it in a quite room should be easy.

Are you going to the workshop on Sunday 11 Jumabaar? I haven't done anything with Tilba since the Expo. I've downloaded Audacity but have no idea how to use it.

As I booked into the workshop on Sunday I was wondering if it had been cancelled due to the flooding on Luddenham Rd on Thursday. Dogs NSW has posted this info:

Dogs NSW Grounds CLOSED until Monday 12th March 2012

Dogs NSW members are reminded that although the office is open today 9th March 2012 as Luddenham Road is now open, the grounds will remain closed until Monday due to flooding, however the scheduled DANCING WITH DOGS will still be held this Sunday 11th March 2012 in the Amenities building.

:laugh: shortish, stoutish, late middle-aged, glasses :laugh: - there'll be quite a few around who know me. Oh, and the BCs are black/white - which doesn't really help :rofl:

Not long now before Ballarat's DWD comp :) Fingers are crossed that the weather will be kind :)

Amen to that, kallistar. And just found out that Rory and I are the opening act, because 1 has scratched apparently - :eek::eek::eek: In what parallel universe did I think this was a good idea???? :hitself: :rolleyes: Oh well, it'll be fun to see a comp - and to meet up with friends.

As I booked into the workshop on Sunday I was wondering if it had been cancelled due to the flooding on Luddenham Rd on Thursday. Dogs NSW has posted this info:

Dogs NSW members are reminded that although the office is open today 9th March 2012 as Luddenham Road is now open, the grounds will remain closed until Monday due to flooding, however the scheduled DANCING WITH DOGS will still be held this Sunday 11th March 2012 in the Amenities building.

I had flyball- and I thought IT would be cancelled!! But it wasn't and in the end Abby ran most of the day so the team was glad I didn't ditch them for DWD.

And I am getting the feeling that I might have a uni prac on the next day :cry:. I have been meaning to start putting together a routine but I SUCK!!

Amen to that, kallistar. And just found out that Rory and I are the opening act, because 1 has scratched apparently - :eek::eek::eek: In what parallel universe did I think this was a good idea???? :hitself: :rolleyes: Oh well, it'll be fun to see a comp - and to meet up with friends.

Of course it is a good idea :) How else am I going to meet you? Haven't done any practise as it has been too hot here at the moment. But Sunday is suppose to be cooler thank goodness :))))

:rofl: Like the sound of cooler - Rory in particular doesn't DO hot weather.

Hmmm - sort of have choreog worked out - still need more practise with dogs, and time is running out. Had almost 2 hours drive to get to a meeting last night, so I had their music on the ipod over and over again, kind of mentally walking through the routines - does that count as practice ? ;) It's been such a busy week, I'm actually looking forward to getting on the ferry and just relaxing (and more playing the music over and over :rofl: .

I'm excited and nervous at the same time - but it will be fun! (I keep telling myself that :laugh: ).

:rofl: Like the sound of cooler - Rory in particular doesn't DO hot weather.

Hmmm - sort of have choreog worked out - still need more practise with dogs, and time is running out. Had almost 2 hours drive to get to a meeting last night, so I had their music on the ipod over and over again, kind of mentally walking through the routines - does that count as practice ? ;) It's been such a busy week, I'm actually looking forward to getting on the ferry and just relaxing (and more playing the music over and over :rofl: .

I'm excited and nervous at the same time - but it will be fun! (I keep telling myself that :laugh: ).

The weather looks like it will be approx 22 degrees and sunshine but could be a couple of degrees cooler in Ballarat. Are you packing some shelter for you and the kids?

I had flyball- and I thought IT would be cancelled!! But it wasn't and in the end Abby ran most of the day so the team was glad I didn't ditch them for DWD.

And I am getting the feeling that I might have a uni prac on the next day :cry:. I have been meaning to start putting together a routine but I SUCK!!

Oh no you're not. At least you have a dog super willing to work for you, unlike me. :laugh:

My DWD entry is sent & received. Now I have 2 weeks to get some practice in, especially get Tilba enthused without a food lure. Also was told to put a bit of bounce into my routine as I can't skip - slide sideways. :dancingelephant:

:rofl: ok I am officially jealous - I have four new routines worked out and no opportunity to trial until July :(.

Well save up some pennies, and come across here in April as there is a double trial happening I beleive..

We are having our second comp for the year tomorrow. :nahnah:

It's an evening comp under cover at a small school 1/2 way to the Gold Coast so about 50min drive for us on the northside of Brisbane. Should be a great night.

There are some lovely new competitors coming through as well. :thumbsup:

Hey Tassie, once you're there you'll be pleasantly surprised that most of us are in the same boat. First on though is a bit tough. If your doing Freestyle I'll make you very welcome as I'm the Freestyle Assembly Steward that will look after you. Also, it'll be over before you know it and then you can meet and greet and watch all the upcoming wonderful performances from those who love music and their dog/s