Ventlock Tailgate Lock For Vehicles

Tilly

I have been looking at possible getting a ventlock so I can leave the hatchback up if I need to step away from the car for a few minutes when I had the dogs in the car ... has anyone used them?

Leerburg has them but unfortunately the website keeps rejecting the cheaper postage methods and I am not paying $80+ for postage ...

Is there anywhere in Australia that sells them or something similar?

post-1668-0-31807200-1314367083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tilly

I have been looking at possible getting a ventlock so I can leave the hatchback up if I need to step away from the car for a few minutes when I had the dogs in the car ... has anyone used them?

Leerburg has them but unfortunately the website keeps rejecting the cheaper postage methods and I am not paying $80+ for postage ...

Why's the postage so expensive? I bought 2 Leerburg DVD's a couple of weeks ago and postage was $33.00.

Why's the postage so expensive? I bought 2 Leerburg DVD's a couple of weeks ago and postage was $33.00.

Suspect the weight and awkward shape makes it expensive?

I'd like to get one of these, probably should wait until the new car rocks up just in case the tail gate set up is different.

I got mine from Clean Run with a combined order from lots of people. Be careful to measure exactly how big you want your opening to be...I have a Santa Fe which has the back window opening independant of the tail gate (love that feature) and I got the second smallest...the red one...perfect :thumbsup:

I have ordered 3 from the website ... I got two of the 6" for the front doors and the 18" for the back of the hatchback ... can't wait for them to turn up so I can see how they go.

I wasn't really sure what size to go for with the front doors as I didn't want the gap too be too big otherwise the doors can be unlocked.

I generally don't leave the dogs in the car but it will be useful if I have them in the car and want to do a stop off at a shopping centre (undercover parking in cool weather only) for a quick pick-up.

Thats pretty much the same reason I use mine. Its nice to be able to safely give them a bit of air and still have your car locked.

I have ordered 3 from the website ... I got two of the 6" for the front doors and the 18" for the back of the hatchback ... can't wait for them to turn up so I can see how they go.

I wasn't really sure what size to go for with the front doors as I didn't want the gap too be too big otherwise the doors can be unlocked.

I generally don't leave the dogs in the car but it will be useful if I have them in the car and want to do a stop off at a shopping centre (undercover parking in cool weather only) for a quick pick-up.

• 2 weeks later...

The ventlocks arrived ... and I did find a slight issue - they work perfectly on my side doors but won't work on the rear hatchback.

If you are considering getting the ventlocks - double check your vehicle doors/hatchback doesn't have a safety release button/lever ... the safety release are designed to allow a person to exit the vehicle by the rear of the car in the event of an emergency ... and many cars will have this feature. Effectively you can't lock the rear of the vehicle while the door is open/up.

Edited by Tilly

Might be worth dropping them a line and letting them know of this issue. My car is a few years old and I have had no problems with the hatch back.

The ventlocks arrived ... and I did find a slight issue - they work perfectly on my side doors but won't work on the rear hatchback.

If you are considering getting the ventlocks - double check your vehicle doors/hatchback doesn't have a safety release button/lever ... the safety release are designed to allow a person to exit the vehicle by the rear of the car in the event of an emergency ... and many cars will have this feature. Effectively you can't lock the rear of the vehicle while the door is open/up.