Three Syllable Dog Names

littlesquashyguys

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a Scarlett - who also gets Scartlotta and Miss Scarlett and at only 4 months old answers to all of them quite happily. Mind you at 4 months old I could probably call her what ever I wanted and she would come running! :rofl:

Edited by AdoubleJ

Guest donatella

Barry the pug. That's cute. Didn't someone on DOL have a cat named Kevin? :laugh:

I know a Doug the Pug and a Daniel the Cavalier Spaniel :laugh:

I also know a Doug the Pug who lives with Dave the staffy. :)

thats awesome! if i have a male dog i want to call him Barry

I have an Amigo and Akasha (and i usually add s@#@ head to the end when they are in trouble)

and a cat Panther (princess, S*#@Head)

but all of our animals generally have 3 syllable names and they all understand. Plus if I want the dogs to come to me at home I just open the door thumbsup1.giflaugh.gif

My dogs have about 3 pet names each and as others have said they respond to the tone :) Someone who is buying a pup from this litter is calling him Lord Henry :eek: go figure lol

There's no accounting for some people - I was a bit horrified when my aunt bought a kitten from me and called the poor thing Uncle Ted! His nickname as a baby had been Loki.

All my animals tend to have Miss or Mister added to their names and they all acquire nicknames galore. Tarja unfortunately often gets shortened to Tatar which sounds childish but is easier to say when encouraging her. I shall choose a little better for the next one :)

It's funny how nicknames take over for animals. I tend to choose one or two syllable names because I find them easier to use, however, in the end, my woofers end up with long nicknames.

Zeus: Zeusling, Zeus Bubba, Zeustopher (like Christopher), Bubba Boy, and Big.

Kirah: Kirah Kiwi, Kirah Liddle ("Liddle" is my cutesy way of saying "little"), Little Bubba, and Liddle

Calypso: Callie, Callie Kitty, Calypso Kitty, Kiiiiidy, and Kitty Kitty.

We have Ella, who our Son wanted to call Nightwinkle........ So her name is Ella Nightwinkle Shadow of darkness!! He said she had to have a posh name like the show dogs. Patch is just patch. Jed is Jedi, Jedicus Maximus but mainly Jedi bear. Snips is get out of that, off snips, down snips but she is cute.