Staffy X Attack Hills Area Sydney

Clyde

I'm glad these dogs were put to sleep, personally I find it completely unacceptable when dogs do this. I know it isn't a person but my own dogs are extremely precious to me and if another dog was on the loose and attacked mine, I would like to see that dog put to sleep. People know when they have nasty dogs - ffs why can't they keep them locked up. It is not as if this is an isolated and rare incident, it's constantly happening and it's about time it stopped. Far too many morons owning dogs they can't control.

THIS shows a complete lack of understanding dogmad.

I haven't publicised it on DOL because I knew I would get attacked for it but I had to have my beautiful greyhound boy Bart put to sleep earlier this year. He had been boarding whilst we were on holidays and penned next to two dog aggressive terriers. I've been told since that they fence-fought for hours and through an ACCIDENT by kennel staff the JRTs ended up in my dog's run. He tore them to pieces but thankfully, whilst one spent 2 weeks at the vets, they both survived. I didn't know I had a bloody "nasty dog" as you term it. He was raised in my household from 3 months of age, he lived with a JRT and a Cavalier - plus my Fauves not to mention ALL the dogs we fostered during his life. He lived with cats and children - yeah he had some food aggression issues and was a more dominant personality but I would never have said he was a NASTY dog. I chose to put him to sleep because, after speaking with trainers I trust who had met him, we believed that he received such a high reward from what he did, and living in a new property without external fencing that he posed too high a risk for people walking their small dogs past our house. He responded to high level provocation from two smaller dogs who came into HIS run and had a go at him first but they were little dogs who had little chance against a 40kg greyhound. I've seen bucketloads of pugs at dog shows who launch themselves at their pens or crates barking aggressively - sure like Anne says they can't do any physical damage but do you think other dogs recognise that? If these dogs were neighbours who is to say that the pug hadn't been fence fighting with them and lost?

Of course the situation could be otherwise and these were simply two dog aggressive dogs who got into the pug's yard but good dogs do bad things and you're awfully naive if you think otherwise dogmad. :mad

Pugs are also terrible at reading body language, including warning signals, of other dogs. This puts them at greater risk.

I have no idea what happened here but knowing the pug as I do I only feel sick to the pit of my stomach when I think of what occurred.

I think people need to acknowledge that dogs are animals. They live with instinct directing them even though domestication has lessened this to some degree and breeding has altered this natural part of a canine further.

They're not stuffed toys.