Staffy X Attack Hills Area Sydney

Clyde

Just heard on the radio that people in the Hills area, Sydney are being warned of a white Staffy X called Emma. It wasn't clear what for but she attacked someones Pug in their back yard and the details were sketchy saying she approached a person aggressively or something along those lines.

Just heard on the radio that people in the Hills area, Sydney are being warned of a white Staffy X called Emma. It wasn't clear what for but she attacked someones Pug in their back yard and the details were sketchy saying she approached a person aggressively or something along those lines.

* September 02, 2011 7:27AM

POLICE have warned that a dangerous dog named Emma is on the loose and marauding Sydney's northwest.

The dog escaped from its home in Windemere Avenue, Bauklham Hills, this morning and mauled a pug in a neighbouring backyard.

The all-white animal, thought to be a Staffordshire terrier cross, then fled.

"Police have warned residents in Baulkham Hills to be aware that a dog recently involved in an attack on a neighbouring animal has escaped and is believed to (be) roaming around the area," police said.

Police urged locals to be wary of Emma, to not approach her and to ring triple zero if she's sighted.

The pug was taken to a vet for treatment.

Edited by NOKKIE

Nine MSN

Heres a bit more updated link as well, Poor puggy :(

Grr stop putting the mention of the poor girl in Victoria on the bottom of every dog related story that comes up!! Its trivialising the death of that child and making it ridiculous.... *annoyed* A little dog that got killed by a much larger dog that "got away" from its owner should not have the death of a child tacked on the end of it. If that attack on the child had not have happend you can bet this story probably would not have even Seen the news.

eta: meant to add - How exactly did the dog get away from the owner? what where the circumstances? was the owner (of the pug)hurt? Darn Swiss cheese reporting... full of frikking holes.

Edited by Maxiewolf

Nine MSN

Heres a bit more updated link as well, Poor puggy :(

Grr stop putting the mention of the poor girl in Victoria on the bottom of every dog related story that comes up!! Its trivialising the death of that child and making it ridiculous.... *annoyed* A little dog that got killed by a much larger dog that "got away" from its owner should not have the death of a child tacked on the end of it. If that attack on the child had not have happend you can bet this story probably would not have even Seen the news.

eta: meant to add - How exactly did the dog get away from the owner? what where the circumstances? was the owner (of the pug)hurt? Darn Swiss cheese reporting... full of frikking holes.

You are so right Maxiewolf. It belitttles the severity of the death of a child to go around building up hype over the (albeit sad) death of a small dog by a larger DA animal!

I wonder if the media "jumped" on it because the animal in question is a Bull terrier X??

Unfortunately these things can even occur between "yardmates" if things go pearshaped.

Jesus, would you look at the language - 'dangerous', 'marauding', 'mauled', 'fled'.

They were probably pissed off the dog was called 'Emma' as opposed to 'Killer', 'Mace', 'Thor' or 'Rambo'.

Still, I wonder if Emma is a registered dangerous dog, or if they're blurring the line between adjective and designation?

Poor Pug, and if the dog is potentially human aggressive then yes, it shouldn't be approached and needs to be captured asap, but as another poster has already made reference to, yes, way to fuel the hysteria.

now it's TWO Staffordshire Terriers

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/staffordshire-terriers-to-be-destroyed-after-pug-mauled-in-sydneys-northwest/story-e6frea73-1226128090523

TWO Staffordshire terriers that attacked and fatally wounded a pug in Sydney's northwest will be put down.

The two dogs mauled the pug after escaping from their owners' home in Windermere Avenue, Baulkham Hills, this morning.

One of the terriers, named Emma, then went on the run, prompting police to issue a warning for members of the public not to approach her.

The second terrier involved in the attack remained near the scene.

"The terriers will be destroyed this afternoon and have been taken to Hawkesbury Pound," Hills Shire Council general manager Dave Walker told AAP in an emailed statement.

"Council is making further enquiries with witnesses to the attack and the owner of the deceased (pug) will be interviewed."

The pug, which lived near the terriers, was taken to a local vet after the attack but its injuries were too severe for it to survive.

"Inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the incident continue," a police statement said.

"Sadly the injured dog could not be saved and has died as a result of the injuries sustained in the earlier attack."

The attack follows two other recent dog attacks in Sydney and Melbourne.

Two young children were attacked by a dog, and one was severely wounded, in Constitution Hill in western Sydney on August 30.

In Melbourne, four-year-old Ayen Chol died after being attacked by a pit bull mastiff at her home on August 17.

Print

Why is it so hard for some people to keep their dogs confined either in backyards, runs or inside ? If Breeders can do it with multiple dogs as a way of life why can't others do it with one or two dogs ?

Sadly sometimes even the best of yards have trouble containing some "Houdinis".

This becomes most evident on New Years Eve and other "Fireworks" nights and during bad electrical storms.

And sometimes idiots just leave the gates open. Or worse don't believe their dog would roam and don't fence properly to begin with.

Goodness, yes. My parents had a houdini. He was a border collie x spaniel rescue and a lovely dog, but he had huge separation anxiety issues and would roam if he was left alone.

He went over fences, so they got new ones. Higher ones with no cross pieces, so he couldn't climb them. He went under the fences so they buried chicken wire a meter under the ground around all the fences. He went through the wooden fences (totally shredding his feet in the process). The neighbours didn't want colourbond fences, so my parents extended the chicken wire half way up the fences. Then he started climbing and going over them again. He wound up tethered on a long line and one time he even went over the fence while attached to the tether. Fortunately, he slipped his collar or he would have strangled to death.

On one memorable occaison he had been shut up in an enclosed first floor verandah for the night but, as it was hot, the windows had been left open for ventilation. He went straight through the flyscreens, out the window and over the fence. My sister found him on the front verandah in the morning absolutely saturated from playing in the creek and delighted with himself.

* September 02, 2011 7:27AM

POLICE have warned that a dangerous dog named Emma is on the loose and marauding Sydney's northwest.

The dog escaped from its home in Windemere Avenue, Bauklham Hills, this morning and mauled a pug in a neighbouring backyard.

The all-white animal, thought to be a Staffordshire terrier cross, then fled.

"Police have warned residents in Baulkham Hills to be aware that a dog recently involved in an attack on a neighbouring animal has escaped and is believed to (be) roaming around the area," police said.

Police urged locals to be wary of Emma, to not approach her and to ring triple zero if she's sighted.

The pug was taken to a vet for treatment.

I love the marauding bit :mad ...bloody ridiculous and typical media sensationalism.

Goodness, yes. My parents had a houdini. He was a border collie x spaniel rescue and a lovely dog, but he had huge separation anxiety issues and would roam if he was left alone.

He went over fences, so they got new ones. Higher ones with no cross pieces, so he couldn't climb them. He went under the fences so they buried chicken wire a meter under the ground around all the fences. He went through the wooden fences (totally shredding his feet in the process). The neighbours didn't want colourbond fences, so my parents extended the chicken wire half way up the fences. Then he started climbing and going over them again. He wound up tethered on a long line and one time he even went over the fence while attached to the tether. Fortunately, he slipped his collar or he would have strangled to death.

On one memorable occaison he had been shut up in an enclosed first floor verandah for the night but, as it was hot, the windows had been left open for ventilation. He went straight through the flyscreens, out the window and over the fence. My sister found him on the front verandah in the morning absolutely saturated from playing in the creek and delighted with himself.

Using a crate inside or a covered run on concrete would work. There are many Breeders who don't take chances and keep their dogs secure this way.

Edited by turkishdelight

I'm glad these dogs were put to sleep, personally I find it completely unacceptable when dogs do this. I know it isn't a person but my own dogs are extremely precious to me and if another dog was on the loose and attacked mine, I would like to see that dog put to sleep. People know when they have nasty dogs - ffs why can't they keep them locked up. It is not as if this is an isolated and rare incident, it's constantly happening and it's about time it stopped. Far too many morons owning dogs they can't control.