Request For Photos

lillim

I am wanting to put together a leaflet that explains BSL with the hope of distributing it to vets, rescue and pet supply places to inform the public about BSL and making it available to other people to distribute.

I am wanting to put photos of dogs on the cover, but other than my own I don't have any, so was wondering if any dolers would be kind enough to let me use photos of their dog?

I would also like put a smaller version of http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html in the leaflet and would more than appreciative if owners of any of these breeds could let me use a photo:

Boxer

Rhodesian Ridgeback

bullmastiff

American bulldog

Staffordshire Bull Terriers

American Staffordshire Terriers

It would be very clear in the leaflet that none of the photos are of a pitbull and I will provide the leaflet to anyone who lets me use a photo before I finish it so they can see the photo in use.

Edited by lillim

I am wanting to put together a leaflet that explains BSL with the hope of distributing it to vets, rescue and pet supply places to inform the public about BSL and making it available to other people to distribute.

I am wanting to put photos of dogs on the cover, but other than my own I don't have any, so was wondering if any dolers would be kind enough to let me use photos of their dog?

I would also like put a smaller version of http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html in the leaflet and would more than appreciative if owners of any of these breeds could let me use a photo:

Boxer

Rhodesian Ridgeback

bullmastiff

American bulldog

Staffy

It would be very clear in the leaflet that none of the photos are of a pitbull and I will provide the leaflet to anyone who lets me use a photo before I finish it so they can see the photo in use.

Great idea the amount of times ill informed people have told us that our bull terrier is a "pitbull" and reacted like he is some sort of dog that will rip their faces of if they even look at him sideways (that in itself is a little silly considering he was only 9 weeks when we were first "informed we didn't know what breed we had") just shows how few people even know what the breeds look like and shows the general ignorance and media frenzy of public mistrust of certain breeds no matter how well they are behaved or trained or how misidentified they are.

I am even thinking of taking printed pamphlets on walks to try and help educate the people that have no idea of what breed they are looking at. Good luck with the project :)

Good to see someone taking concrete steps.

You might want to re-post this in the In the News forum under the 'what can we do' thread.

I started a collection of web links showing pit bull X's who would 'pass' under the standard and posted as http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/226097-pit-bull-xs-that-could-pass-and/ .

Some of the posts in that thread, and my collection of links, may be useful (I realise that you specifically state that you do not want to include APBT descended dogs). Many of the links are to rescue dogs or family pets, and I'd guess the owners or organisations involved would have no problem with someone reproducing photos and information to fight a pernicious and stupid BS law. I was thinking of doing two collages . . .one of dogs who have NO pit bull blood but are endangered by the 'standard'. The other of dogs who have pit bull lines and would not be declared pit bull by the 'standard'.

Boxer

Rhodesian Ridgeback

bullmastiff

American bulldog

Staffordshire Bull Terriers

American Staffordshire Terriers

Happy for you to use photos of either of my dogs.

Keira is a Ridge X Bullmastiff (Basically from Pig hunting lines) and has previously been mistaken for PB by someone who wanted to breed her with their male......idiots

Phoenix is a Pitt X

Let me know your email addy and I can email you some pics :)

I started collating photos for the EDBA many moons ago when this was attempted before. I have so many photos but they're all on my old computer. Will see if I can retrieve them, they will have to be posted in order to receive permission again though.

Gypsy is a Mini Foxy X...

04-03-2010_foxie_pups036.jpg

Caspar - Staffy X ACD...

EOS2009_10_28_Caspar034.jpg

Dutch - AmStaff... need to ask KnucklesDutchnUs for permission if you want to use his photo - and they may be able to furnish a photo of him now he's grown up...

EOS2009_03_01003.jpg

Buster - Staffy X Kelpie...

IMG_2697.jpg

Zeddy - Rotti/Pittie...

IMG_1455.jpg

T.