Proud Moment

wagsalot

I had to take Riley to the vet tonight after finding a largish lump on his side yesterday. The vet shaved the area, and did a needle biopsy on the spot so he could check it under the microscope.

Riley didn't care about the clippers (Despite never being near them before), then I was patting him as the needle went in and he didn't even flinch. He was such a good boy.

Thankfully the vets pretty certain it's a benign tumour, and nothing to worry about. One of the best types to get apparantly.

He's such a good boy, and has been a absolute pleasure to own for the last 10 and half years, and hopefully many years to come!

What a champ! Well done Riley. Hope the test results are all ok. I went through similar with Cooper a month or two back and his was a lyphoma, and like Riely was such a good boy!

I think that might of been what he called Rileys. He said its really common where it was (just behind his front leg) and they usually get to egg shape size. He said unless it changes texture it should be fine and they'll just check it every appointment from now on.

Meanwhile Riley spent the whole night waiting for things. It was like he knew he'd been good so kept waiting for treats! Little bugger :laugh:

Lipomas are fairly common in older dogs - my oldest girl has a few of them... and like Riley, she just stands and lats the vet do the biopsies on any new ones. Well.. she does give them kisses while they do it...

They are really easy to diagnose from the biopsy too - the dye won't stick to the tissue/sample when they put it on the slide - takes about 10 minutes to get the all clear and some liver treats... *grin*

T.