Recommendation Fo Dog Grooming Salon In Canberra?

Canberra Skye

Hi all,

I just wanted to put out a warning about Animal Attraction dog grooming at the Macquarie shops in Canberra. We took our 2 year old Skye terrier there for a wash and TRIM and when we picked her up she had been completely shaved. The poor little thing had the most lovely long hair, and we asked very specifically a trim to a medium length - they clipped her all over and said they had done it in the style of a Schnauzer... but she isn't a schnauzer and the style doesn't suit her at all.

I was very disappointed and called to discuss it with the manager but she was extremely rude and said that we had asked for her to be clipped very short (which just isn't true) and that if I didn't like it I shouldn't come back. Well I will certainly not be going back there and I would encourage anyone who was considering it to stay away!

On a more positive note, does anyone know of a good groomer in Canberra who will listen to what we want and can just do a tidy up/trim that will suit the breed?

Thanks!

I'm so sorry that your Skye got a Schnauzer cut.

I thank my lucky stars for the groomer I take the tibbie girls to. She knows the various breeds (even the less common ones like the tibbies) & the grooming procedures to make them look the best for that breed.

I cant recomend Shampooch in Kambah highly enough. Fantastic grooming - we travel from the otherside of Canberra to go there and after learning the hard way too we wont go anywhere else.

Edited by shells

• 4 months later...

There is a groomer in canberra (southside) who does most of the scotties in the area. She is absolutley fantastic and the canberra scottie group recommend her to all new members. She does lovely scottie pet grooming, she also does other breeds as well.

If you want more info pm me.

cheers

I cant recomend Shampooch in Kambah highly enough. Fantastic grooming - we travel from the otherside of Canberra to go there and after learning the hard way too we wont go anywhere else.

I agree with shells..

Great business and they love the dogs

I've heard good things about Hair of the Dog in Tuggeranong but haven't taken my dog there. If it's just a bath then Dog World (I take the Grumpy man there). Used to see Heather in Red Hill but haven't for some time. She did a great job with Mini.

I've heard good things about Hair of the Dog in Tuggeranong but haven't taken my dog there. If it's just a bath then Dog World (I take the Grumpy man there). Used to see Heather in Red Hill but haven't for some time. She did a great job with Mini.

As far as I'm aware Hair of the Dog is closed down.