Attention Gsd, Rotties And Dobe Owners

german_shep_fan

Reposting this comment from the "In The News" thread

"I heard something today which is frightening. The source of this information is highly regarded both in the dog world and within Govt's. The Vic Govt is planning on adding MANY other breeds to the list including GSDs Rotties, Dobes...AND they are working towards a total ban on the breeding of all dogs as well as the stopping of dog interests such as in showing dogs...for the eventual outcome of no dogs in Victoria once those who are alive now have died out. This I believe is on paper now and is being kept on the QT from everyone finding out so they can bring it into eventual fruition .

I think we all need to band together...every dog owner possible....to fight this!"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We do, the clubs need to join together to fight this.

Otherwise we will lose out breeds....

And really we should have banded together a long time ago but we had our heads in the sand :cry:

Do you think the GSD council of Aus and the vic club even know abt this?? I am in half a mind to let the QLD club know as well. I am a little scared of contacting them though, not sure what their reaction will be.

Count me in, I'll help wherever I can. I'm supposed to move to VIC at the end of the year for the OH's work. Guess who's having an extended stay in WA now while the OH goes ahead without us? Neither of us are willing to put our dog's lives on the line.

Edited by Dxenion

Reposting this comment from the "In The News" thread

1:

"I heard something today which is frightening. The source of this information is highly regarded both in the dog world and within Govt's. The Vic Govt is planning on adding MANY other breeds to the list including GSDs Rotties, Dobes...

2:

AND they are working towards a total ban on the breeding of all dogs as well as the stopping of dog interests such as in showing dogs...for the eventual outcome of no dogs in Victoria once those who are alive now have died out. This I believe is on paper now and is being kept on the QT from everyone finding out so they can bring it into eventual fruition .

I think we all need to band together...every dog owner possible....to fight this!"

1: Probably.

2: Do you mean all dogs in general, or all GSDs/Rottweilers/Dobes etc? If it is the former, I highly doubt it, that is insane and I can't see legislation of that sort of magnitude being passed. If it is the latter, again, probably.

We do, the clubs need to join together to fight this.

Otherwise we will lose out breeds....

And really we should have banded together a long time ago but we had our heads in the sand :cry:

Do you think the GSD council of Aus and the vic club even know abt this?? I am in half a mind to let the QLD club know as well. I am a little scared of contacting them though, not sure what their reaction will be.

i have put the links up on a number of gsd forums and emailed our vic breed affairs person to let them know so telling the gsdcq wont hurt

Don't ever be complacent and think that it "cant" happen or "wont" happen here.

Currently Restricted in Ireland - American Pit Bull Terrier; English Bull Terrier; Staffordshire Bull Terrier; Bull Mastiff; Doberman Pinscher; German Shepherd (Alsatian); Rhodesian Ridgeback; Rottweiler; Japanese Akita; Japanese Tosa and to every dog of the type commonly known as a Ban Dog (or Bandog).

Singapore - The following dog breeds must be leashed and muzzled at all times when in public - Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd or any Shepherd related dog breeds, Rottweiler and Perro de Presa Canario.

The Ukraine has Restricted/banned and or Prohibited up to 80 Breeds of Dogs not limited to but including - The following dog breeds must be leashed and muzzled at all times when in public - Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd or any Shepherd related dog breeds, Rottweiler and Perro de Presa Canario.

I would be VERY worried right about now. And I am. I am affraid that my dog I have now may be the last Dobermann I own with any sort of freedom in his life. If the hysteria continues.... I would be very worried if I owned a dog. Period. Why does the government suddenly place no value on the votes or opinions of dog owners? People need to start being afraid of losing their liberties to even OWN a dog. ANY Dog.

Its serious stuff, Councils, Local Governments and Major governments need to know that because of the mistakes of the few the Masses are not going to stand around and wait for someone to show up at our doors to tell us what to do with our dogs!! (or any of our pets for that matter cos Its only going to spread) :mad

Edited for Spotthedog's up to date information :) , though I would still hate to see my breed (the dobe) or any of these others currently getting the finger pointed at them to live as a "restricted" Breed... :(

Edited by Maxiewolf

this insanity is just getting worse and worse!

IT will be bloody Whippets next because they like to chase things!

Now your thinking right, basicly if you can think of some 'stupid' reason for a dog to be banned. Even if It is a sarcastic one... Only takes one hysterical idiot to get hold of it and whip it up into a frenzy like we have here.

This situation is getting insane and spreading like a brushfire T_T

Would the White Swiss Shep be included as its genetically a GSD?

Guess it depends if the white ones have 'that mean streak' *insert sarcasm here*

Tell you a funny story, I had Kimba at the dog park she is a white long coat bitch. She was running around playing with her ball. Miss Maltese walks in and lets her dog off, chatting about the Melbourne dog attack when a dog park friend with her Black and Tan GSD walks in the gate, Maltese lady squeals like a rooster calling her fluffy, I said its fine, a great dog very social with all but she said those Shepherds are killers and picked up her dog. Whilst she was patting my Shepherd, I informed her what breed she was patting, she told me she thought it was a Samoyed x. She left the park through embarrassment I believe. I enjoyed the rest of my time at the park amongst JRTs, GSP's and the lovely B 'n T Shepherd. The local kinders will be spewing if Kimba has to stop her visits, the big evil beast that she is lol.

post-16409-0-90337300-1315959111_thumb.jpg