Joint Guard Alternative

Tiggy

I tried Joint Guard with my old bully, but after advise from a bull mastiff breeder, actually bought a joint supplement from the chemist, same ingredients and heaps cheaper!

I used Natures Way Joint Supplement(the exact one I used is no longer on the shelf) and actually found it helped his mild arthritis alot more than the Joint Guard did :thumbsup:

Maybe one like this Joint Defend Glucosamine + MSM or NATURES OWN JOINT CARE GLUCOSAMINE CHONDROITIN & MSM Powder which I think is the closest to the one I used ;)

If it's working, why swap?

I buy the 750g tub for my dogs, and it lasts longer and is cheaper.

From my discussions with our vets, Joint Guard is designed to be absorbed by dogs, humans absorb the products differently to animals, and by using a human product, you may not be getting maximum absorption of chondroitin.

I used Natures Way Joint Supplement(the exact one I used is no longer on the shelf)

I know - a real bummer - that is the stuff that worked the best for my old bloke - and something he didn't mind in his food.

Have tried most everything else, and either he won't take it, it doesn't agree with him, or it doesn't work as well.

Currently trying tuffrock, but it is a struggle to get him to eat with this mixed in.

No doubt something else for the large shelf full of no goes :laugh:

In my experience, dogs with joint problems can vary greatly in the response they show to glucosamine bases products; some dogs respond only to one brand, others have a good reaction to many, and each dog is often different from the last. So it can be just trying different products and finding which does work best. As for an alternative to Joint guard which, while fantastic, is one of the more expensive joint products out, Vetalogica have a new one out which is called something quite basic - I think it's Joint Formula powder. Pearnese powder can also have great results and is one of the most affordable brands ;)