Pp20 Cage Does Not Come With Water Bowl

Joelky

I am living in Sydney, parramatta, I want to get the cage ready this week.

Is it worth buying PP20 for $65 + extra $5 for water bowl?

Does it usually come with:

1. Water Bowl

2. Funnel

3. Litter Tray

Is the water filling funnel compulsory?

Feed and Water Containers

Water container must be present within the container with outside access for filling. Food containers must be present either within the container, if sealed, or attached to it for use in cases of delay.

Container information applicable to cats and dogs - (CR1 LAR 2010) (pdf)

http://www.puichinco.com.au/pet_products.html

Is these cage IATA approved cage? I forgot to ask the cage model, does anyone know the model number??

Forgot to say, I am travelling oversea :)

Thanks!

post-41386-0-92408300-1316417679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joelky

No good the ones which have these type of connections are not O.K. for air travel.

You need these ones.

post-199-0-63913900-1316418944_thumb.jpg

I am looking for this one too, I found one $65 without water bowl :coffee: Can I buy one and tie on the door? Are water filling funnel and food container compulsory? Are food and water container with outside access necessary?

I think wayrod on this forum sells the ones that Steve posted - for a lot less than retail

Is wayrod selling pet container in this forum? I couldn't find it :confused:

Edited by Joelky

Just send wayrod a pm and he will get back to you.

To do that go to the top of the page and click on the members tab, type in 'wayrod'. click on his profile and then click on send message.

:)

Just send wayrod a pm and he will get back to you.

To do that go to the top of the page and click on the members tab, type in 'wayrod'. click on his profile and then click on send message.

:)

The member wayrod cannot receive any new messages :(

Edited by Joelky

That price is really expensive. Crates must be airline approved & have metal screws in the part that connects top to bottom, not plastic clips.

If its only a short flight I don't think you have to put water in & food is not advisable. No need if its not hot weather.

That price is really expensive. Crates must be airline approved & have metal screws in the part that connects top to bottom, not plastic clips.

If its only a short flight I don't think you have to put water in & food is not advisable. No need if its not hot weather.

Are the water filling funnel and food container compulsory?

My 3 cats went from Perth to Melb - without the water container. They were fine.

I checked with the vet, and they said anything 6 hrs or less is considered a short flight, and they will be fine without the water/food containers.

This is of course as long as there are no underlying medication conditions etc that require the pet to have water/food.

I am so confusing with what brand of cage can be used, I am travelling with Qantas, here instruction they gave me:

Obtain a pet container from a Pet Transport Company (they are listed in the yellow pages under Pet Transport Services). The following pet containers are examples that comply with IATA regulations: Sky Kennel, Vari Kennel, PP20, PP30, PP40,PP50,Kemalex K11, Kemalex K29, Kennel-Cab and PetCargo.

I called them about the issue, a stuff said ONLY containers listed above can be used!! :mad

I found one comply with IATA regulations called OSI medium cage in Petbarn but I don't want to risk it so I didn't buy it!

From AaE (Australian Air Express) Website:

All Containers

 The container must be strong enough to protect the pet at all times.

 Animals lodged in containers too small for the animal’s size will not be accepted by AaE. The container must be big enough to allow your pet to stand without touching the top of the container, turn around and lie down comfortably.

If the container does not meet this requirement the animal may be subject to unnecessary pain and suffering. Where, in the reasonable opinion of AaE, the container is considered to be inappropriately small, AaE may refuse to carry your pet.

 Please ensure that none of your pet’s body parts can protrude through any ventilation openings.

 See how to calculate the correct dimensions for the container on the IATA website.

 Visit the IATA website www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/live_animals/Pages/pets.aspx.

 All containers must have protective handles that prevent the dog or cat touching the person handling the container.

 The container must have sufficient ventilation.

 The container must have a water holder that remains in an upright position at all times and is accessible from the outside.

 To ensure containment of any spills the container must have a spill tray installed. The base needs to be lined with an absorbent material (not straw, kitty litter or newspaper).

 The container must not be lodged with wheels attached.

Plastic Containers

 Plastic cages manufactured in 2 parts (i.e. upper and lower) must be joined using metal screws and bolts. Plastic joiners or clips can fail during handling and loading and as such do not meet our requirements.

 Door hinges and locking pins must extend beyond the horizontal extrusions above and below the door opening by at least 1.6cm.

I know that at AAE offices in Melbourne you can buy a crate there when you drop your dog off.

Forgot to say, I am travelling oversea :D

Are you doing the paperwork yourself or using an agent??

The agent will have the correct size crate for your dogs measurements as the correct size will also factor in

PP20, PP30, PP40 these you can buy at AAE but it depends on the breed and size