What Would You Do?

Red Fox

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm requesting daily updates and a video/pic every other day - as I don't have my own Mal pup Elka is the next best thing

find a 4 year old and give it a LOT of sugar and cordial, spend all day with it constantly feeding it sugar and periodically put your hand in a blender. Close enough :rofl:

find a 4 year old and give it a LOT of sugar and cordial, spend all day with it constantly feeding it sugar and periodically put your hand in a blender. Close enough :rofl:

Really??? I think I'm starting to get an idea and I'm thinking I'll just stick to SK's updates of Elka - and save my hands :rofl:

So what have you taught Elka and where is the video?:laugh:

:rofl: PAX - yep I agree must be time for a training video by now.

:o errrrrr..... I haven't taught her a lot yet. I was planning on following the Michael Ellis stuff and building up a nice level of engagement before sweating the small stuff. Turns out that focussing on me is not her strong point so far lol, way too much going on in the world.

yeah is she making you a coffee yet and driving the car :rofl:

Hmmmm perhaps she was planning on driving tonight when I found her attached to the deck chair I was attempting to put in the boot :laugh:

Really??? I think I'm starting to get an idea and I'm thinking I'll just stick to SK's updates of Elka - and save my hands :rofl:

Yep, that sounds about right!

Nice pics of Rogue too Nekhbet :)

:rofl: reminds me of what I'm going through with my mwd pup - I just put a new hesian cover on his bed and he started chewing it this morning. I really want it to last more that a day so I picked the bed up and put it on the pool table (has hard cover of course) and the next thing I know he's pulled the whole bed off the table and he's chomping into it again :doh: .

Rogue looks like an :angeldevil:

rogue and her sister at 7 weeks ...

DSC_0018.jpg

if I cant chew on the toy I'LL CHEW ON YOUR FACE :rofl:

They are such cute puppies!!!

Is that the duck toy that makes a really annoying quacking noise when it rolls?

Mindy got one on the weekend, i had to take it from her- the sound was REALLY irritating :laugh:

So what have you taught Elka and where is the video?:laugh:

:rofl: PAX - yep I agree must be time for a training video by now.

:o errrrrr..... I haven't taught her a lot yet. I was planning on following the Michael Ellis stuff and building up a nice level of engagement before sweating the small stuff. Turns out that focussing on me is not her strong point so far lol, way too much going on in the world.

I am lucky enough to be puppy sitting a Mal puppy for a few weeks over Xmas :D , I will be doing heaps of stuff with it, I can't wait, they are such little sponges for learning and games.

Is that the duck toy that makes a really annoying quacking noise when it rolls?

Mindy got one on the weekend, i had to take it from her- the sound was REALLY irritating

nothing that makes sound lasts long enough with a Malinois ... my older bitch sees it as a hyperactive personal challenge to maniacally chew and bite until destroyed. Lucky I dont pay much through work :laugh:

yeah Malinois have no problems vs furniture. We woke up this morning and Rogue had rearranged the living room again ... she build forts and then ninjas you from within a pile of cushions and blankets lol

I'm happy to leave my own two dogs in the house on their own but I wouldn't be game to leave the pup on his own - he'd eat the house :eat:

Glad I don't live near you, I could steal her.......start training her, she wants jobs.

Do you want ideas for training? Have you got her taking treats and charged a clicker? Training will build reward value.