Cesar Millan On South Park

Guest dogcentric

Guest dogcentric

They played it during the interval at Cesar's seminar in Melbourne. I thought it was very funny.

Sounds like great fun :)

Cesar Millan, didn't like him before. Like him less now.

Oh really? Why is that? I would be interested to know from a training perspective. I have his DVD's and I've learned a lot from them. I think he's great...though I've heard that some people feel strongly about his methods. I've never understood this. Does it have something to do with the way he rehabilitates condemned dogs?

There was a You Tube clip (apparently now banned) where he "hung" a dog to unconsciousness via it's collar, and blamed it's self defense actions as 'agression'

Have you ever seen the episode of 'It's me or the dog' where she displays a small dog's fear agression towards the grooming brush by making the owner get on the ground and brushes over her head with a broom? Well CM equivalent was forcibly restricting the small dog and almost literally beating it with the brush and forcing it to endure the grooming. In your humble opinion would this get you over a fear??

His methods speak for themselves, I just find it fascinating that with so many people offering a combination of Positive and corrective training that incorporate real science, people still opt for CM. It shows the mentality that most want to achieve from dog ownership, ie. Alpha! Power. At a recent seminar I heard the man behind the "Wolf Pack" theory research himself say that the methods they used for the study were inaccurate, not only of portraying dog behavior but also wolf behavior! Interesting and thought provoking.