Where To Buy Tuffie Toys - Are They Puppy Suitable?

Tara8430

Sometimes overseas has the best prices: http://www.arcatapet...earchtext=tuffy :thumbsup: I found quite a few cheaper than the ones in the marketplace as well (including shipping, unless of course you want to buy more than one).

Wow that site is cheap!

Hey Su i love that polly pig its awsome, has it faired well with Wilbur?

Wilbur belts Polly around; if she were his wife he'd be arrested for assault & battery/domestic violence :laugh: The only part that has suffered is the nylon tail which he's chewed off. The pig itself is in one piece with no holes - she's one of his out side toys and gets dragged through the stones, grass & concrete and he chews the heck out of her. When we're inside and we hear growling and barking from outside we always know that Polly is getting a beating :laugh: He grabs her by the ears and then throws her around.

They have a few inner layers of suitcase material and then the patterned outer fabric. They aren't at all like softies; they're quite hard. I really like Tuffies.

Haha, im hoping this new girl likes toys, Sheba only liked garden pots and things. I brought her toys she burried them, im still finding ones in the garden i brought her when she was 5!

Wilbur's new Tuffies arrived just after 2pm. Howie the Horse is HUGE :laugh: We also got him a tug & a fetch toy. They're all very sturdy. Wilbur like pots too. I've had to move all my still living pot plants (mainly food type plants curry leaf trees, rhubarb etc) up high...All of his outside toys are kept in a large clay garden pot so he can get to them easily and he probably won't chew it :crossfingers:

I brought the pink pig, rooster and the sheep for our Weimaraner when he was younger. Our schipperke ( when she was a puppy ) ripped it apart and pulled the stuffing out. I wouldn't recommend them at all. I sent a e-mail to the company concerned and they never responded.

Annette

I always thought that the satisfaction of a soft toy was in the destruction of it. My dogs have only been interested in them until they have been de-fluffed.

Wilbur mouths his soft toys and hasn't ever destroyed one. Polly the pig (tuffy) (isn't really a soft toy per se) on the other hand is battered and chewed vigorously. In seems, that Wilbur has a distinction between soft toys that he's gentle with and hard toys that he's rough with; go figure :shrug:

Edited by suziwong66

My friends lab also killed her pig in 2 days. They are not indestructible but tougher than regular toys

i think, from my sad memory, that Polly and the other farm animal Tuffy's are about 7/10 on the Tuffy toughness factor. They aren't advertised as indestructible but as you say they are tougher than regular fabric type toys.

Very cute, he's at his 'all legs' stage hehe I found out the other day new pup weekend after 23rd November. Im looking at toys, collars and all things puppy :)

i really like Red Dingo collars & ID tags and have few different ones for Wilbur. Annoyingly i lost one this week at the dog wash at Petstop...it had his enamel Red Dingo ID tag, Microchip id tag & council id tag :( about $45 worth of bits & pieces lost :cry:

Ebay isn't too bad for Red Dingo collar prices so i ordered 3 to replace the one that i lost :laugh: I bought my good leash from Leerburg.com they make lovely leather leads. I have a puppy one and after it arrived and i liked it so much, i decided on a traffic one and 2 different length obedience ones as well. i picked up some leather conditioner from R M Williams to make sure they stay as supple and soft as when they arrived. My run-of-the-mill leads are the nylon rogz type. Clear Run is another website that i use for training long line leads etc. I probably wouldn't have bought so many Tuffy's for him except that Bev's prices in the marketplace are so damned good that i couldn't resist since he likes tuffy's so much.

He has a crate for indoors at night and a Pet Futon for outdoors during the day; he prefers to come inside to his crate to sleep even during the day. The futon is really lovely quality and i'm thinking of getting another one for inside his crate.

Wilbur is a very spoiled boy :laugh:

Tara won't have access to Off Topic as you need a minimum of 150 posts to get the key to the mystery door. I don't know Frenzied's commercial website but you could try pets1.com.au as they sell them. There is a junior range for puppies.

what a shame; the Tuffy's are way cheaper in the DOL marketplace. I went and got 3 more for Wilbur coz they're fabulous quality toys and the price was a steal :D

Suzi, Could you please tell me exactly which store in the marketplace. Thank you

Tara won't have access to Off Topic as you need a minimum of 150 posts to get the key to the mystery door. I don't know Frenzied's commercial website but you could try pets1.com.au as they sell them. There is a junior range for puppies.

what a shame; the Tuffy's are way cheaper in the DOL marketplace. I went and got 3 more for Wilbur coz they're fabulous quality toys and the price was a steal :D

Suzi, Could you please tell me exactly which store in the marketplace. Thank you

raffikki's link will take you to the marketplace...there are several threads about the Tuffies that Frenzied has put up. one is the creatures and the other is the general tuffy toys. Bev sends the toys as soon as the money has been transferred into her account.

Suzie Mason had the wave at Wilburs age and as he grew it just disappeared and never came back. I like boomerang tags as they fit onto the collar and dont dangle, too much chance of getting caught on something IMO

http://www.boomerangtags.com/store/list.php?A=G&ID=5

They only charge $2 shipping to australia and i felt it was worth it.

oooh i like those tags MG; taa for the link. I think i'll get a few for his new Red Dingo collars when they arrive. I hope his wave goes...I know Wilbur will never conform to the breed standard because of his overshot jaw, but i'd like his coat to conform at very least :laugh: