Pack Pictures.

Blackdogs

My lovely girls, there is something nice about a pack of 3 :)

Yep I agree, now I just need to get my third!! laugh.gif

Then again, I don't want one being left out as an odd number usually means that, so maybe I need 4 ;)

Lots of people say to me 3 is not a good number and they prefer to have either 2 or 4 otherwise someone is being left out. But two of mine are seniors and one is my current competition dog, so the seniors generally stay home together and I take Gael to training or shows. I think Gael rather likes being only dog at these times. Otherwise I take all 3 for walks, outings etc. Looking at getting a pup this time next year so might have 4 for a while.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest english.ivy

Question: Do any of you have a pack who aren't particularly interested in interacting with with each other? My two pretty much ignore each other most of the time. :(

I know my Belgian would prefer me over any other dog most of the time but they do play together. My Pointer also prefers me to my Belgian sometimes too.

I think our pack is quite equal. I was worried my two would prefer each other over me but that certianly didn't happen!

Loved your photos Koalathebear & B-Q!

I think once my two current dogs pass I would just be a one dog person again. Not sure if it's the breeds I've chosen or just the fact I have 2 but I miss the loyalty I had from my old dog.

Anyway, here's some pics of my current 'pack' :)

Elsa & Tashi

post-32347-0-01229500-1318907587_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-96902200-1318907618_thumb.jpg

I think once my two current dogs pass I would just be a one dog person again. Not sure if it's the breeds I've chosen or just the fact I have 2 but I miss the loyalty I had from my old dog.

Elsa & Tashi

OMG! What breed is the second one? Is it a Deerhound X? I WANT it.

Elsa & Tashi

OMG! What breed is the second one? Is it a Deerhound X? I WANT it.

Tashi is a Deerhound x but have no idea what with! He was rescued from the pound, he has the funniest pointy ears with scruffy bits around the edges & I have no idea where they come from! I still remember when I first brought him back & my sister saw him & told me he looked like a 'dump dog' :laugh: but having seen pictures of Picardy Shepherds he kinda looks like them (but isn't)...... I'll think about it! ;)

you may regret asking me to post photos :rofl:

Fanta (moggy) 7, Sumo (british Shorthair) 3 and Bella (moggy) 10 (EDITED: I just noticed you can see Atlas in this one as well, up the top asleep :laugh: )

240498_10150202705479914_580319913_6887206_4944279_o.jpg

Atlas, Bull Terrier 8, Kaos Staffordshire Bull Terrier 6 and Bella

150341_474895194913_580319913_5540219_8070538_n.jpg

At and Kaos

BathtimeAtandKaos.jpg

Kaos Sumo and Fanta

DSCF6264.jpg

I only have one with the 5 of them in it but i cant find it, they are all asleep on my bed in it :laugh:

Edited by Teebs

Lots of people say to me 3 is not a good number and they prefer to have either 2 or 4 otherwise someone is being left out. But two of mine are seniors and one is my current competition dog, so the seniors generally stay home together and I take Gael to training or shows. I think Gael rather likes being only dog at these times. Otherwise I take all 3 for walks, outings etc. Looking at getting a pup this time next year so might have 4 for a while.

I agree with this. I had 3 for 2.5 years and there was always one dog left out as they prefer to play with one other dog, not 2.

This year we added number 4 and they now always have someone to play with. It is not always the same dogs playing with each other, however I have noticed they do usually play the same games with each dog and each play different games with each other.

Also means no-one is ever left home alone as I never take more than 2 out with me. 4 is a good number!!

What a diverse pack you have, Lyndsay!

:laugh: Yeah they are a mixed bunch, but I wouldn't have them any other way. I love having the completely different personalities between the terriers and the Aussie Shepherds. When I have my own place and can have more dogs, it will be mostly Aussies but I will always have something else (either an Irish Terrier, a Bull Terrer or a bull breed rescue), to remind me I'm not as amazing as my Aussies think I am. :laugh:

ETA: I think 4 was easier than three, often we take 2 to a dog show and leave the two at home, or I take my two somewhere and can leave the terriers with each other for company, or Mum and Dad can take the terriers and leave me with my two. Adding a 5th didn't make it any harder, although, the 5th was an Aussie who gets on with every other dog we have without an issue and you can take anywhere. But that's just our situation.

Edited by Lyndsay