Neuter Ch Classes- A Question To Ask

InspectorRex

My frienf is bringing his desexed male back into the conformation ring and asked me a question and i don't know the answer but I am sure one on my fellow DOLers with knowledge will know the answer;

Q. If the dog is awarded Best Neuter Dog, then best neuter of breed and then competed for Best Neuter In Group and wins it is the dog awarded any further points other than what it is awarded for Best neuter of Breed?

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My frienf is bringing his desexed male back into the conformation ring and asked me a question and i don't know the answer but I am sure one on my fellow DOLers with knowledge will know the answer;

Q. If the dog is awarded Best Neuter Dog, then best neuter of breed and then competed for Best Neuter In Group and wins it is the dog awarded any further points other than what it is awarded for Best neuter of Breed?

Thanks

Nope, it's only awarded breed points (even if it goes Neuter in Show)

Thanks

Nope, it's only awarded breed points (even if it goes Neuter in Show)

Spot on itsmeg.

In explanation of this, the Neuter Classes are considered in the same way that an age class is, therefore gaining no additional points for Group or In Show wins.

My Dyzney has won 5 NIG and 1 NIS, and sadly these have all only gained her 6 points each time, as she is the only Rottweiler in her Breed currently showing at Neuter.

ggrrrrr

ggrrrr x 2

If it's good enough to offer the class its good enough to award with the same points system.

The dog world needs bums on seats and if the way to do it is with neuter classes, so be it.

Edited by oakway

I hear you, disappoints me too... however, I get why they do it this way.

Neuter is run off with the class run offs as the last one and is sort of just like Veterans or Aus Bred if you like. Do we really think each breed should have 2 possible BOBs at each show and 4 challenges dogs or bitches?

I would happily accept extra points for NIG and/or NIS. These run offs are done after Open In Group and Open In show (if these run offs are not knocked out) as it is seen as another class.

So basically it is run an awarded the same, but as a class, not as a breed, if that makes sense.

Now we have come this far, I would really love to put this title on my bitch, it is certainly not the be all, but it would be nice. However, I am unsure if she will make it for lack of shows and lack of competition within our own breed, even though she can take out In Group and In Show wins.

At 6 points per show, not many show offering these classes within a 4 hr radius, and the clock ticking for my sweetheart Dyz, she may end up not getting it. :(

We are having a lot of fun along the way, so what will be will be :)

I would like to see them judged the same way as we do the normal group/s.

All the winners of Junior Neuter of breed, for best junior Neuter in Group and the same for all classes.

Exactly the same as for our entires.

Therefore we would have 2 groups, one for entires and one for neuters.

Just take a look at the declining Royal entries and it may give you a good idea as to how our entries are declining.

If the introduction of the Neuter Class will help keep dog showing alive then I am all for it.

And no, there is noting we can do in Queensland until we have a newly elected body and approach them for the introduction of Neuter Classes.

We have a petition ready and waiting for members to sign.

Maybe in some states that would work. Here in Vic I have just completed a catalogue with 1 junior neuter in the whole show and approx 10 open neuters. If clubs had to supply extra sashes etc they would soon drop the class. Just be grateful they even offer it.

I did wonder why Southern Cross was running Junior Neuter classes along with Open.

It would mean if there were Minors and Puppys they would have to enter in Open Neuter and yet the juniors could be in Junior. Seems odd to me, but that's just my opinion.

10 Open Neuters is very disappointing. That is such a shame. Seems so far IME the rural shows have more Neuter entries than the city shows. Can't see why.

I am really looking forward to this show experiencedfun :thumbsup: Nice and local to me and a twilight to boot. can't wait. :)

Thsnks for the answer.

It is a shame the dog/bitch won't get further points after best of breed. :(

The ANKC should look at how the entries have really declined and realise that for most of us once our dog/bitch achievs Aust Ch title the dogs are ,in some cases, desexed for whatever reason.

Ok a further question afterb EF's post

If there are Junior Neuters and Open Neuters do they-

compete for Best Junior Neuter In Group and Best Open Neuter in Group?

Thanks fellow DOLer's :)

Ok a further question afterb EF's post

If there are Junior Neuters and Open Neuters do they-

compete for Best Junior Neuter In Group and Best Open Neuter in Group?

Thanks fellow DOLer's :)

Yes. It's run like any other class.

Most places only offer Open Neuter, so all ages compete against each other.

Thanks itsmeg

So have I got this right before I tell my friend

all Junior Neuters compete for Best Junior Neuter in Group and then

all Open Neuters compete for Best Open Neuter In Group

also another question so I give my friend the info he is after-

If say there is a Junior Neuter and also an Open Neuter in the breed they play off for best neuter of breed but each will compete in their own Class, ie Junior Neuter and Open Neuter in Group Specials?

Thanks itsmeg

So have I got this right before I tell my friend

all Junior Neuters compete for Best Junior Neuter in Group and then

all Open Neuters compete for Best Open Neuter In Group

also another question so I give my friend the info he is after-

If say there is a Junior Neuter and also an Open Neuter in the breed they play off for best neuter of breed but each will compete in their own Class, ie Junior Neuter and Open Neuter in Group Specials?

Yes, that is correct IR.

I find the easiest way to remember the whole Neuter thing is to pretend in your head that your Neuter class is like a whole separate breed of dog.

For instance if it was a ACD neuter, then any ACD neuters entered on the day do not start until all the ACD entires are finished ie BOB and run offs. At no time once the neuters of that breed start, do the ACD entires come back in, unless they are going in for a group line up.

So, neuters are sort of treated like a whole separate breed format wise, as at no time are they run against the entires of the same breed or of any of breed. They are given points up to BNOF as if they were a completely separate breed, but after that, neuters are run off as any normal class and not awarded extra points. The next breed does not commence until that particular neuter breed has finished their BNOB and run offs as with any other breed.

Maybe in some states that would work. Here in Vic I have just completed a catalogue with 1 junior neuter in the whole show and approx 10 open neuters. If clubs had to supply extra sashes etc they would soon drop the class. Just be grateful they even offer it.

Gees that's disappointing EF :confused:

I hear so many Vic people complain that the neuter class isn't offered more & here is a perfect opportunity to enter the class & you end up with such a poor entry.

What a shame for the Club.

Gees that's disappointing EF :confused:

I hear so many Vic people complain that the neuter class isn't offered more & here is a perfect opportunity to enter the class & you end up with such a poor entry.

What a shame for the Club.

I agree and it's unfortunate as other clubs might not be so inclined too offer it now :(

I entered even though I will probably not be going, but I wanted to support the class.

Hi,

I dont show a Neuter but was thinking......definately need to get more shows to offer these classes.....but the owners of Neuters need to be a bit more proactive and either petition Club Secretaries and/or join Clubs and give yourselves a voice......then these classes also need to be supported with entries and it might be a good idea if Neuter owners offer to donate the sashes.

With the points.......maybe what could happen there is with NIG the winner gets an additional point for every Neuter entered in the Group to a Max of 25 and the same for NIS with the points not accumulating. Just a thought.....

Hi,

I dont show a Neuter but was thinking......definately need to get more shows to offer these classes.....but the owners of Neuters need to be a bit more proactive and either petition Club Secretaries and/or join Clubs and give yourselves a voice......then these classes also need to be supported with entries and it might be a good idea if Neuter owners offer to donate the sashes.

With the points.......maybe what could happen there is with NIG the winner gets an additional point for every Neuter entered in the Group to a Max of 25 and the same for NIS with the points not accumulating. Just a thought.....

So a NIG should get more points but a REAL class, say Intermediate In Group doesn't get any more points, sure that makes sense NOT.

At The Rock yesterday there were TWO neuters! OK, it was sweeps and no points on offer but if, as has been stated many many times, your dogs REALLY want to just show, then where are you all? I hear how ALL these people with neuters want more shows to offer the class but am yet to hear of a decent entry when shows DO offer this class. Now some of you are saying you should get more classes, even your own group, and more points! Maybe when there is actually a reasonable amount of neuters being shown these things could be considered. Instead of campaigning shows to put on the classes maybe you should be campaigning the owners of neuters who say they really want to show.

I think more Neuters would be entered if the schedule had the Neuter Classes highlighted in some way to show exhibitors that the Neuter Classes are on offer insteasd of just tagging the Neuter Class number on the end of Open, Class 11/11A

Thats how I see it attracting more entries for Neuter anyway

I think more Neuters would be entered if the schedule had the Neuter Classes highlighted in some way to show exhibitors that the Neuter Classes are on offer insteasd of just tagging the Neuter Class number on the end of Open, Class 11/11A

Thats how I see it attracting more entries for Neuter anyway

Oh dear oh dear, are the owners of neuter dogs THAT precious?????? Or just you?