Positive Council Experience

JulesP

We all tend to post when we are grumpy about something so I thought I would post about a positive council experience I just had.

I called my council (Yarra Ranges) about multiple dog permits. I explained about Amber being sick and after a little think they decided that they would waive the need for me to get a 3rd dog permit if I get a puppy.

I thought that was pretty good of them and thought I would share. It is nice to see some compassion and sense rather then 'you must follow the law' thinking.

Government employees are people too! It's easy to forget that council workers are just people doing a job, and it's up to them to enforce the law and cop the brunt of it for not enforcing it correctly. Which amounts to not doing their job properly.

I agree with you though - good news stories are always nice! So often the only things that seem worth talking about are negative, it's important to recognise good things where they happen :thumbsup:

What a great story.

I ahve a good one about our new head ranger as well.

There has been some lovely dogs impounded for weeks. No new homes and the ranger did not want to euth them as they were young, healthy and sound of mind. So she got in a car and drove over 400kms to hand them over to SAFE. I am guessing it was possibly in her own time as well.

We all tend to post when we are grumpy about something so I thought I would post about a positive council experience I just had.

I called my council (Yarra Ranges) about multiple dog permits. I explained about Amber being sick and after a little think they decided that they would waive the need for me to get a 3rd dog permit if I get a puppy.

I thought that was pretty good of them and thought I would share. It is nice to see some compassion and sense rather then 'you must follow the law' thinking.

I had a somewhat similiar experience...terminally ill dog at home and wanting to get the third dog so he was in place to be with my other younger dog when my sick girl passed as my younger dog had never lived alone....went to the council office and explained the situation , was told that I would need the expensive 3rd dog permit to be legal :mad ...then the staff member leaned over the counter, gave me the application form and said 'take this home and put it in your drawer, if you get inspected before your old dog dies then whip this out and say you had just picked it up to apply for the permit' ;) .....I was so appreciative of that...saved me almost $200 at the time. :thumbsup: