Missing Nipple?

Pheebs

Hi Guys :wave:

Apologies in advance for what I'm sure is a totally stupid question.

We adopted Maggie nearly two years ago now after she was surrendered to the pound after having just had a litter, about 10kg underweight ( and her ears had also been torn apart from her head but that's another story). Anyway, she's always been quite a portly girl since living with us (:scold: ) with very obvious nipples so I'm sure I would have noticed (particularly as she is a bit of a tart for a tummy rub), but she seems to be missing one/had one retract?

Poor old chook came home a few months ago infested with fleas that she picked up from daycare so there was quite a bit of scratching going on so I'm wondering whether she's scratched it off? There's no evidence of scabbing...

Is this possible?

I guess the more scary option I'm considering is that it's a mammary cancer of some sort causing the nipple to invert? I know in humans that inverted nipples aren't problematic - unless they suddenly become so as it is an indication of an underlying tumour causing tension on the nipple and surrounding ducts.

Any thoughts? :shrug:

(And just a photo cause I love her :love: ) :

magoor.jpg

are you sure it's missing or perhaps it was never there in the first place. I've got a lopsided girl, 4 on one side 3 on the other but when she had pups 2 more suddenly became visible right close to the 2 lowest ones. They had milk but if you looked now you wouldn't find them.

As to the inverted nipple it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out, especially since you dont know if it's always been like that.

I started a thread a few years ago asking people how many teats their girls had. Mine have always been all over the place, odd numbers as common as even. . . .though almost always 9 or 10. Sometimes there are doubles at the back. Sometimes they line up in nice neat rows. Sometimes they seem to be somewhat random in placement. People who replied on the thread reported similar.

Inverted nipples, if the girl has them, are obvious, and most likely to be in the front. They can be a problem, causing mastitis cause the pups can't suck them. However, when the milk comes in strong, they may pop out, and you may be able to get them to pop out by messaging.

I started a thread a few years ago asking people how many teats their girls had. Mine have always been all over the place, odd numbers as common as even. . . .though almost always 9 or 10. Sometimes there are doubles at the back. Sometimes they line up in nice neat rows. Sometimes they seem to be somewhat random in placement. People who replied on the thread reported similar.

Inverted nipples, if the girl has them, are obvious, and most likely to be in the front. They can be a problem, causing mastitis cause the pups can't suck them. However, when the milk comes in strong, they may pop out, and you may be able to get them to pop out by messaging.

What like sending a text, come out come out where ever you are? :laugh:

If spellcheck doesn't catch it, it's not there.

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :laugh: