Puppy With Diffrent State Papers,,

shaz3

hi new on site,,hello everyone, :thumbsup: ,have a question ,if you buy a puppy full reg, from diffrent state,,what do you have to do to be able to show in victoria? swap papers to vic? :confused: thanks.

A few things depend on what will happen.

1. If the prior owners pays the transfer into your name and address. (I have had dogs in my name on Victorian papers but registered to me at my address in Queensland). No you do not have to transfer to Victorian Papers.

2. If you are paying the transfer fee and have the signed registration papers you will have to forward them to Dogs Vic with the appropriate fee with all the details filled for your self. (see cost on their web site)

3. You must be a fully paid financial member of your states controlling body to show your dog.

Good Luck with your new venture. :)

hi new on site,,hello everyone, :thumbsup: ,have a question ,if you buy a puppy full reg, from diffrent state,,what do you have to do to be able to show in victoria? swap papers to vic? :confused: thanks.

I am a full member of the vca,,so you are saying even if the papers are diffrent state,,i can still show here? :D i will be puppys reg owner on papers.(papers to be filled out when puppy picked up)thanks for your time

In VIC/NSW the puppy is registered in the breeders name, they then sign it over to you - you take to the VCA pay your free and they transfer it into your name.

If in QLD the breeder can reg the puppy straight into the buyers name - no need to transfer then.

In VIC/NSW the puppy is registered in the breeders name, they then sign it over to you - you take to the VCA pay your free and they transfer it into your name.

If in QLD the breeder can reg the puppy straight into the buyers name - no need to transfer then.

ok,,i understand that :D thanks

so if i (in QLD) buy a pup from NSW. The breeder transfers pup into my name. Do i then need to tell Dogs QLD before i show?? I'm already registered with them.

As mentioned above NSW puppies are registered straight into the breeders name - you would have to transfer the papers.

So when did the rules change ??? :)

I have shown plenty of dogs all transfered into my name on interstate papers. (infact I have set before me at the moment)

I never had to put them on Qld papers.

Edited by oakway

So when did the rules change ??? :)

I have shown plenty of dogs all transfered into my name on interstate papers. (infact I have set before me at the moment)

I never had to put them on Qld papers.

no swayd said if your in queensland they sign the papers straight over ,other states you have to transfer, :D

QLD is the only State that has the ability to register the puppies straight into the new owners name - happy to be corrected :)

The other States have papers issued in the breeders name, the breeder or the buyer then transfers them.

I don't see why ALL States can not follow the same rules!!

I got a pup from NSW a few months back, reg in the breeders name and she knew it was my pup as I ordered it 12 months earlier.

IF when you receive the papers and your name is on it - no need to transfer.

If the papers have the breeders name - you need to transfer.

Hi all,

I think we may all be talking about two different things. :)

If the dog is in your name on your registration papers you do not need to transfer to the state you live.

When I transferred to another state I still showed the dogs on Queensland papers.

I did not transfer the dogs to that states papers.

I did of course get membership of that state.

So what I said originally is correct. As long as the dog is in your name it does not matter what state the papers were issued in.

If the previous owners name is on the papers and they have signed them, you have to forward them to Dogs Vic for a transfer.

Yes, I wish we only had ONE controlling body. :)

You know, really it all boils down to which state you live in and what there rules are in regards to WHO is supposed to pay the transfer fee.

In Qld I HAVE to pay the fee so I send the papers to DOGS QLD.

If I didn't have to pay the Transfer fee I would just send you the sign registration papers. :laugh:

We recently bought a pup that was registered in Victoria. When the breeder sent his papers, they were listed as the owner; which is, as far as i know standard procedure in Victoria. I signed the back of the registration cert, filled in the credit card details for the appropriate amount to cover the transfer of ownership and then sent it back to the breeders with a stamped envelope addressed to the Victorian Kennel club (or whatever they're called lol) asking her to sign it and then forward it to the VKC. About 3 weeks later a new registration certificate arrived which stated i was the owner.

We are in Adelaide, and as far as i know, if we intend to trial him, we join Dogs SA and he can compete with his Victorian reg cert.

14 years ago in Qld, we bought a lab and the breeder listed me as the owners on the reg cert....so no need to transfer ownership.

Edited by suziwong66

You know, really it all boils down to which state you live in and what there rules are in regards to WHO is supposed to pay the transfer fee.

In Qld I HAVE to pay the fee so I send the papers to DOGS QLD.

If I didn't have to pay the Transfer fee I would just send you the sign registration papers. :laugh:

should be the same in all states,but everyone has been great.

QLD is the only State that has the ability to register the puppies straight into the new owners name - happy to be corrected :)

The other States have papers issued in the breeders name, the breeder or the buyer then transfers them.

I don't see why ALL States can not follow the same rules!!

I got a pup from NSW a few months back, reg in the breeders name and she knew it was my pup as I ordered it 12 months earlier.

IF when you receive the papers and your name is on it - no need to transfer.

If the papers have the breeders name - you need to transfer.

In SA, dog sa go for double the cost by register them in our names first than we have to transfer them to new owners name. Wish we could put them straight in new owners names.

I'm confused, I am in Queensland and I have now got a 12 week old puppy from Western Australia. The Papers are in my name, but are through Dogs West, I am showing him. When and If I gain his Title, who do I apply to? I am a financial member of Dogs Qld.

I'm confused, I am in Queensland and I have now got a 12 week old puppy from Western Australia. The Papers are in my name, but are through Dogs West, I am showing him. When and If I gain his Title, who do I apply to? I am a financial member of Dogs Qld.

Dogs Qld.

This is so confusing for newbies, there needs to be instructions somewhere.

I am in ACT, my dog came with NSW papers in the breeders' names but they had already signed the back for me to transfer. So I sent them back to DogsNSW (I just followed the instructions on the back of them and sent to that address). How was I to know they were meant to go to DogsACT? :confused: When I applied for our first title they were transferred to DogsACT papers.