Using Baby Doppler To Detect Puppies Heartbeats

indigirl

Hiyas wondering how effective using a baby doppler on a pregnant bitch is to confirm pregnancy?

Hi, we all ready have ones for dogs. Great little portable ones.

But I would would be happy to use a baby one.

I think they work on the same principal.

Hiyas wondering how effective using a baby doppler on a pregnant bitch is to confirm pregnancy?

Hi, we all ready have ones for dogs. Great little portable ones.

But I would would be happy to use a baby one.

I think they work on the same principal.

where did you get the dog one from?

'Doppler' refers to the use of differences of frequency with distance to calculate either signal strength or signal distortion. Astronomers use it to figure out whether galaxies are expanding or contracting. Most familiar example is the change in the sound of a train's whistle as it departs from the station. Broadly speaking, it's part of 'relativity'.

If you want a credible response, you're going to have to provide specific links to allow a physicist to evaluate what the hell a 'baby doppler' means in terms of measurements taken.

I hate the way commercial enterprises sling science terms around for PR. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Excuse my ignorance.

By baby doppler i mean the portable devices sold to parents so they can detect thier baby's heartbeat whilst in utero. I assumed this is what ppl would understand I meant by baby doppler. If you put 'fetal doppler' or 'baby doppler' into the search engine on ebay you will see a multitude of these devices.

My question was whether they can be used to detect puppy's heartbeats in utero. Would be a much more cost effective alternative than having an ultrasound if the goal is simply to determine whether the bitch is in whelp.

ETA They are either 2mhz or 3mhz devices if that helps.

Edited by indigirl