Chris Christensen Ionic Brush

Andisa

About a month or so a go I bought a Chris Christensen Ionic brush for the dogs, paid more than I would have liked but can honestly say it is worth every cent :thumbsup: .

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have posted about this brush in the past :D .

Hi Andisa

may I ask what you liked about it and what it did that others dont do?!! :D Im a mad groomer so am always keen to try something new out!

About a month or so a go I bought a Chris Christensen Ionic brush for the dogs, paid more than I would have liked but can honestly say it is worth every cent :thumbsup: .

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have posted about this brush in the past :D .

Are you saying this in regard to your Rotties? As I cannot imagine anything working better than a Ferminator with the Pugs?

You still have to groom the dogs first, the brush is only to be used on clean dry coats and says without liquid grooming products or it will damage the brush. You really don't need to use anything else anyway.

I bought the brush for Charli and her coat was stunning while I was doing her daily - you notice a difference pretty much straight away with little effort. Would be great on the black pugs :thumbsup: .

The shine it has given the Rotties in such a short time is amazing - both girls have recently had seasons and have blown coat, but I have not seen them looking so nice for a long time. I am slack and will do most of my grooming in the bath using a kong zoom groom while washing them and the drier to blast the crap out of them and a light brush with the furminator. They really love this brush, it must feel nice - it's the only brush that I don't need to tell them to come here or stand while brushing them :laugh: . Hamish has more correct coat then the girls, his is coarse and thick where as the girls are finer and softer, he still needs more grooming before I will use this brush on him though.

Link. *This brush is not to be used on wet coats or with any liquid products, for they will oxidize the brass. It is intended to be used as a finishing brush on clean, dry coats.

Lauren is leaving home next year and taking Piper with her when she leaves - she tells me that she is taking the CC brush with her....hmm - don't think so..

Sharon, next time I see you at a show, try it out.

Hopefully those who recommended them will comment in here too.

Edited by Andisa

I also bought one recently (at the Melb Royal) and as I've borrowed one before from a friend I have to say I too am very impressed with this brush. Also clearly it does benefit quiet different coat types as you have Pugs and I have Cavaliers. :)

I know Irish Setter owners that use one and it works well on the Brittany

Yep. I LOVE this brush! It makes the topcoat gleam like nothing else, and magically seems to get each hair into its rightful place. Love it. Worth every one of the billion dollars it cost :laugh:

Yep. I LOVE this brush! It makes the topcoat gleam like nothing else, and magically seems to get each hair into its rightful place. Love it. Worth every one of the billion dollars it cost :laugh:

This is the boar and brass brush? They are only $49.50 from Pet Network.

This is the boar and brass brush? They are only $49.50 from Pet Network.

Yes. Same price I paid from vendor at Showgrounds.

what about use on long coated dogs ???

I don't use it on the feathering on the Cavs but it certainly polishes the coat and brings up a shine on both the black and white (tri) and red and white dogs. And that is a good description of "putting each hair where it belongs". :)

I also bought one recently (at the Melb Royal) and as I've borrowed one before from a friend I have to say I too am very impressed with this brush. Also clearly it does benefit quiet different coat types as you have Pugs and I have Cavaliers. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LizT and I got one at the same time, much to Sab's delight. ;)

It is fantastic on the cavs coat. I sprinkle them with an Isle of Dogs product, brush that dry leave until just about to go in the ring then brush with CC and beautiful shiny coat.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LizT and I got one at the same time, much to Sab's delight. ;)

It is fantastic on the cavs coat. I sprinkle them with an Isle of Dogs product, brush that dry leave until just about to go in the ring then brush with CC and beautiful shiny coat.

:laugh: So did your sister, we bought all three.

Wasn't warned about not using any spray products though. Glad to know that as I wouldn't want to stuff it up by oxidizing the brass.

Edited by LizT

:laugh: So did your sister, we bought all three.

Wasn't warned about not using any spray products though. Glad to know that as I wouldn't want to stuff it up by oxidizing the brass.

I forgot that she got it then. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: