Petition Kcc Park

Bilbo Baggins

Here is the wording for a petition for lights at KCC Park following the car crash last Saturday night.

PETITION TO IMPROVE SAFETY CONDITIONS AT ENTRANCE/EXIT TO K.C.C. PARK – STATE DOG CENTRE, 655 WESTERNPORT HIGHWAY, SKYE, 3977. VIC.

MELWAYS MAP REFERENCE 128 J12

This petition is aimed at improving safety for vehicles entering & exiting the Park. This issue has arisen & has been prompted by a recent nasty accident in which a VCA member was attempting to exit the Park. Fortunately, the driver & her animals escaped major injury, but they were severely shaken up by the incident.

POINTS TO CONSIDER.

*We all know how difficult it can be to exit the grounds & to join into the stream of traffic in order to proceed to travel along the Highway. It is just as equally difficult & treacherous to cross to the median strip to travel back towards Cranbourne. Waiting for a safe exit point is frustrating & extremely dangerous. Additionally, many of the dog patrons are also towing trailers.

*Another important factor creating this danger zone is that the heavy oncoming traffic has been slowed down by the roundabout on Hall Rd. By the time these vehicles are passing the Dog Facility they are doing usually at least the maximum speed of 100km per hour.

*Added to this, the long straight stretch of Highway can be very deceptive, especially at night & particularly in the poorly lighted conditions that exist at present.

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS

1.***The NEED for overhead lighting on this stretch of road is imperative & MUST be

undertaken by VicRoads IMMEDIATELY.***

2.***The feasibility of a roundabout at the ENTRANCE point of KCC Park needs to be considered in near future road planning.***

3.***Signage NEEDS to be erected to warn motorists of the danger of EXITING traffic from KCC Park.***

4.***Change of Speed Limit allowance. For example to 80kms in the vicinity of the Dog Centre.***

***The intention of this Petition is to present it to VicRoads, Cranbourne Council, Cranbourne Police Department, Local Govt.Members’ & Vic Dogs.***

***Please give us your support before someone is severely injured or worse still, killed at this DANGER POINT.***

Thank You

Thanks to Glenda Cheney for drawing it up.

I would like to distribute it at Sunbury on Tuesday.

I suggest 2 persons per group who plan on being at most Shows up until Christmas.

I feel it should end on Saturday 17th the last Show at the park.

Please do not rush me with your offers of help. :D :D :D

I will appoint if I do not get volunteers. :D :D :D

That is brillantly worded.

Instead of a Roundabout I would be pushing for actual Traffie Lights. Having lived in that area and travelled the Westernport Hwy aka Dandenong-Hastings Roads for many years I can tell you 1st hand that the traffic congestion at both the Thompson Road Roundabout(where Maccas, Red rooster is) is just woeful- you can wait up to 10minutes to get on/through that roundabout and the other at Hall Rd leading to KCC Park- well you are taking your life in your own hands to get through this one and it is even worse now with the housing estates going up. I had an accident there in Mrch this year when a P-Plate motorcyclist keep weaving in and out of the traffic.

We push for Traffic Lights in my opinion

I would help with the petition but am going into hospital Monday

That is brillantly worded.

Instead of a Roundabout I would be pushing for actual Traffie Lights. Having lived in that area and travelled the Westernport Hwy aka Dandenong-Hastings Roads for many years I can tell you 1st hand that the traffic congestion at both the Thompson Road Roundabout(where Maccas, Red rooster is) is just woeful- you can wait up to 10minutes to get on/through that roundabout and the other at Hall Rd leading to KCC Park- well you are taking your life in your own hands to get through this one and it is even worse now with the housing estates going up. I had an accident there in Mrch this year when a P-Plate motorcyclist keep weaving in and out of the traffic.

We push for Traffic Lights in my opinion

I would help with the petition but am going into hospital Monday

Actually I did not think light would be a good idea. But after reading your post I recalled that they can be set to only operate when someone wants to come in or out by sensor pads in the road.

Here is the wording for a petition for lights at KCC Park following the car crash last Saturday night.

PETITION TO IMPROVE SAFETY CONDITIONS AT ENTRANCE/EXIT TO K.C.C. PARK – STATE DOG CENTRE, 655 WESTERNPORT HIGHWAY, SKYE, 3977. VIC.

MELWAYS MAP REFERENCE 128 J12

This petition is aimed at improving safety for vehicles entering & exiting the Park. This issue has arisen & has been prompted by a recent nasty accident in which a VCA member was attempting to exit the Park. Fortunately, the driver & her animals escaped major injury, but they were severely shaken up by the incident.

POINTS TO CONSIDER.

*We all know how difficult it can be to exit the grounds & to join into the stream of traffic in order to proceed to travel along the Highway. It is just as equally difficult & treacherous to cross to the median strip to travel back towards Cranbourne. Waiting for a safe exit point is frustrating & extremely dangerous. Additionally, many of the dog patrons are also towing trailers.

*Another important factor creating this danger zone is that the heavy oncoming traffic has been slowed down by the roundabout on Hall Rd. By the time these vehicles are passing the Dog Facility they are doing usually at least the maximum speed of 100km per hour.

*Added to this, the long straight stretch of Highway can be very deceptive, especially at night & particularly in the poorly lighted conditions that exist at present.

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS

1.***The NEED for overhead lighting on this stretch of road is imperative & MUST be

undertaken by VicRoads IMMEDIATELY.***

2.***The feasibility of a roundabout at the ENTRANCE point of KCC Park needs to be considered in near future road planning.***

3.***Signage NEEDS to be erected to warn motorists of the danger of EXITING traffic from KCC Park.***

4.***Change of Speed Limit allowance. For example to 80kms in the vicinity of the Dog Centre.***

***The intention of this Petition is to present it to VicRoads, Cranbourne Council, Cranbourne Police Department, Local Govt.Members’ & Vic Dogs.***

***Please give us your support before someone is severely injured or worse still, killed at this DANGER POINT.***

Thank You

Thanks to Glenda Cheney for drawing it up.

I would like to distribute it at Sunbury on Tuesday.

I suggest 2 persons per group who plan on being at most Shows up until Christmas.

I feel it should end on Saturday 17th the last Show at the park.

Please do not rush me with your offers of help. :D :D :D

I will appoint if I do not get volunteers. :D :D :D

The DV Office Staff would 100% support this petition - it's very difficult to enter the highway most nights - especially for those heading back up towards Hall Rd.

Cheers

I agree its a very dangerous intersection, to turn towards Hall Rd, especially if towing a trailer is nigh impossible at times. I don't have a lot of trouble going Dandenong way tho, I usually pull into the side of the road and get a bit of speed up before merging, a lot of cars will move right to let you in. Maybe an extra merging lane for a couple of hundred metres would help?

Yes it is very frustrating trying to get in or out off KCC park on weekends.

I feel for the people towing very long trailers, some drivers just wont move lanes to let you get onto the Hwy.

Sorry we are not showing very much at the moment. Perhaps asking clubs to share the petition around by their email list?

BB

Yes it is very frustrating trying to get in or out off KCC park on weekends.

I feel for the people towing very long trailers, some drivers just wont move lanes to let you get onto the Hwy.

Sorry we are not showing very much at the moment. Perhaps asking clubs to share the petition around by their email list?

BB

Same. That's a good idea. Don't forget obedience and agility clubs.

Things like roundabouts, additional lanes and traffic lights can take years to get on to the Vic Roads works lists even if the powers that be think it is a wonderful idea. They have to conduct feasibility studies, impacts and have countless budgetary meetings. There was a roundabout approved on the corner where we lived and it still had not gone on to the council work calendar when we moved 5 years later.

Road extensions, extra lanes, traffic lights are all Vic Roads. Often it is the local council who puts up additional lighting at problem intersections. It is an unfortunate fact that the quickest way to get action is to have the place declared a blackspot and to be a blackspot,there has to be a high number of accidents :( I would suggest that the petition is sent to the local council as wel as Vic Roads. I wouldn't put an end date on it. But keep it open and people signing. Just keep sending the petition as it updates with more signatures.

I think at the least there should be over head lights.

What I can see them doing it making it a 'No Right Hand Turn' when leaving wedge road - This will force you to go the 1km down to the roundabout at Thompsons Rd and turn around - which is not such a bad idea when you consider your dogs safety and your own.

I agree its a very dangerous intersection, to turn towards Hall Rd, especially if towing a trailer is nigh impossible at times. I don't have a lot of trouble going Dandenong way tho, I usually pull into the side of the road and get a bit of speed up before merging, a lot of cars will move right to let you in. Maybe an extra merging lane for a couple of hundred metres would help?

They have these merging lanes in NZ and they are great for the safe merging of traffic.