Refund Policy From Breeders

huskies4life88

Just the other day I went to look at some registered pups from a breeder reg with ANKC.

She had 50 plus dogs in cages....

She does all the paperwork, tests (bare minimum), and the dogs are shut up in those cages forever, basically.

So - she is registered and can offer you registered pups - but in no way is she ethical. NO.WAY.

An ethical breeder cares for his animals and looks after them, and is proud of what his Kennel produces, and stands by the dogs.

This is one of the reasons why its better to do research/detective work (for lack of better word), ask around, and go and see the pups yourself, or send someone to do it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well even when i think i have it all worked out, there is always something more to learn......

I tried before to explain what i thought registered ethical meant and got told i was wrong.

how do i suss this breeder out then???????

why are people that are not ethical allowed to be part of the ANKC????

if you have really been lurking for a year then there is no need for such questions, it's discussed heaps. Your Mother is a grown woman, she got herself into this mess, she can get herself out. Best you leave her to it.

I understand your statment, but I just thought that they had a higher authority to answer to :confused: which is what seperates the ANKC from other registries ( dodgies etc.)

I am trying my best to leave her to it, but she keeps involving me with every little thing.

now she wants me to help pick a name.....i dont even want to do that.....i think she should wait until she receives said puppy...

I understand your statment, but I just thought that they had a higher authority to answer to :confused: which is what seperates the ANKC from other registries ( dodgies etc.)

I am trying my best to leave her to it, but she keeps involving me with every little thing.

now she wants me to help pick a name.....i dont even want to do that.....i think she should wait until she receives said puppy...

Tell her to stop involving you then. Tell her you want nothing to do with it and don't want to hear about it. When she tries to talk about it with you tell her you're not interestedshrug.gif

You don't want to be involved and are trying to leave her to it? Why are you constantly posting about it all over a public internet forum then :confused:

And, I bet your mother would not appreciate being called a "SOB" on a public internet forum.

Edited by KaseyC

Sounds to me like your mum changed her mind and is frantically trying to save face by making out that it is not her change of mind, but a fault on the breeders side that has brought it all crashing down. Otherwise it just seems like a massive over reaction on your mums part.

ETA just read the rest of the thread. Am very surprised breeder is still selling her the pup but god knows it sounds like the poor lady has a hell of a lot else going on at the moment and that may be a factor in her decision

Edited by PuddleDuck