Tinned Mackerel

After months of being "temporarily unavailable" I found tins of mackerel in natural mackerel oil back on the shelves of my local Woolies. I was so excited that I stocked up -- just incase the fish disappear again! ;)

If there's anyone out there who'd like some but is having trouble getting it, I'd be more than happy to buy and post some. :)

Is this the Home Brand Mackerel that comes from China? Not sure if I am looking at the right one.

Yes I was wondering the same thing.

Yeh that's the one I feed my guys. They only get it once a week on a rotation with sardines and tuna too but love it. I enjoy the looks on their faces when they realise it's fish time -- Zeus, who isn't a drool-y dog, actually starts drooling! :D

Guest lavendergirl

I wonder how much seafood is too much though. I feed a fish based kibble to my 5kg dog and also add a teaspoon of salmon or tuna on most days. Would this have any bad effects?

I wonder how much seafood is too much though. I feed a fish based kibble to my 5kg dog and also add a teaspoon of salmon or tuna on most days. Would this have any bad effects?

From about 6months of age (they are now 2.5) mine have entirely eaten a fish diet due to allergies and every vet/groomer that has ever seen them comments on how healthy they are and tell me continue whatever i am doing so no problems here.

My dogs don't get much other than seafood. Grumpy is currently on a prescription diet food but Mini gets a fish based kibble and their prime meat is mackerel, sardines or tuna. They only get a bit of chicken or liver as a treat in general.