Brisbane/gold Coast Kennels

RL1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried Jazari Kennels, 1829 Mount Cotton Road Cornubia QLD 4130,(07) 3206 6466

I have only called in there to buy BARF so I don't know what they are like...pretty nice surroundings though.

Edited to say that I found a website with the usual positive blurb :laugh:

http://www.jazaripetresort.com.au/

Nah haven't tried them. Never heard of them until now :) Thanks.

The website is a bit on the thin side for info. Not much effort put into that one.

Sorry have nothing to offer RL1 as I am in NSW but can sympathise with you.My old boy was HA and DA and I could count on one hand the times I went away in 16 years.Luckily I had a friend who house sat for me who he loved.I hope you can find somewhere for your boy so you can take that break your due for.

have you tried Jazari Kennels, 1829 Mount Cotton Road Cornubia QLD 4130,(07) 3206 6466

I have only called in there to buy BARF so I don't know what they are like...pretty nice surroundings though.

Edited to say that I found a website with the usual positive blurb :laugh:

http://www.jazaripetresort.com.au/

Nah haven't tried them. Never heard of them until now :) Thanks.

The website is a bit on the thin side for info. Not much effort put into that one.

they probably got the year 7's to do it!

I think AMS may have found the perfect kennel for my dog. Sounds very promising on the website. I will visit this kennel this weekend. No appointment necessary for inspections either.

Thanks AMS :-)

Edited by RL1

:banghead: Unfortunately it didn't work out. 140km trip for nothing :(

They only take on friendly, social dogs due to the fact the dogs need to be taken out twice a day. Insurance was also an issue, which i can understand in todays blame others society.

I nicely pointed out to the lady at the front desk that their website might need updating . Below is a direct quote from the kennels website.

Please let us know if your dog has any difficult behavioural traits eg: tends to be aggressive when handled by strangers etc. We are experienced at handling large dogs with aggressive natures but would like to be advised in advance so that all care can be taken.

A small surcharge may be required if dog proves to be extraordinarily difficult.

Seems like a nice kennel set up and the woman i spoke to was genuine, but another kennel not suitable for my dog.

Edited by RL1

Guest lavendergirl

Did you speak to them on the phone before taking the trip? I have learn't not to take websites as "gospel" truth as they can say what they like on the website but the reality is often very different. I find this is particularly the case for kennels and "doggy daycare".

Hopefully something will work out for you.

Did you speak to them on the phone before taking the trip? I have learn't not to take websites as "gospel" truth as they can say what they like on the website but the reality is often very different. I find this is particularly the case for kennels and "doggy daycare".

Hopefully something will work out for you.

No i didn't call. I wouldn't book any kennel without an inspection first, but next time i will make an initial phone call first.

That may be what the OP wants. A lot of kennels are like that anyway.

That's actually what I was thinking- I wouldn't trust it, but I'm sure many kennels operate like this in reality, despite what they advertise as doggy nirvana while you're on holiday..

Yes they all make it look like doggy heaven, but they're all just a business there to make money.

I will be calling one kennel Monday and see how i go / If they are prepared to take him, i'll give him a trial run at

the kennel for a couple days and see how it goes before i book a longer stay.

I actually have a kennel in NSW and take small / medium dogs.

We offer hands on all day and I am quite offended at the pointed comment.....

Yes they all make it look like doggy heaven, but they're all just a business there to make money."

I think you should look around and see some uomarket facilities before you make such a general comment.

That's actually what I was thinking- I wouldn't trust it, but I'm sure many kennels operate like this in reality, despite what they advertise as doggy nirvana while you're on holiday..

Yes they all make it look like doggy heaven, but they're all just a business there to make money.

I will be calling one kennel Monday and see how i go / If they are prepared to take him, i'll give him a trial run at

Yes they all make it look like doggy heaven, but they're all just a business there to make money."

I think you should look around and see some uomarket facilities before you make such a general comment.

I have seen upmarket kennels, the type that offer private rooms, A/C, tv ect. and i have heard feedback from owners of dogs that have stayed in these kennels.

Just have to add my two cents!

I have just boarded my dogs for almost three weeks. The kennel they went to was superb! I got pictures and emails of the dogs antics every three days or so! It always seemed like the kids were playing ball, digging, running around and having fun.

They came home in tip top condition, lol if I am to confess perhaps a fair bit cleaner than when they live at home! The facility where they slept was spotless and had absolutely no smell!

Mind you there were no TVs and such but there seemed to be a great deal of care and good commonsense with activities that the dogs enjoyed!

Sounds fantastic Bubitty. Like every business, there are good and bad. Sounds like you sure found a great one.

Pity you aren't in NSW!!!! There are two great ones I have used! The original one couldn't take my dogs so recommended this second one which turned out to be fantastic as well. Original one ran in a similar vein, lots of updates, photos etc. Dogs were thrilled to see us but not overly wanting to go home (they had rabbits in a paddock!).

try boarding kennels run by GSD breeders there are a few around.

When I used to board my older bitch when she was young (lol) she was not let out of her pen, whatsoever, she was fed under the gate and she seemed fine .

I would rather my dog be kept confined that cause an injury.

I hope you can find somewhere as I know where you are coming from and most kennels are built to enable the dogs kept in the pens.

There is one at Helidon and another at Sheldon

When I used to board my older bitch when she was young (lol) she was not let out of her pen, whatsoever, she was fed under the gate and she seemed fine .

I hope you can find somewhere as I know where you are coming from and most kennels are built to enable the dogs kept in the pens.

Bluemax GSD ?

Edited by RL1

Bluemax GSD ?

Thats the one they have boarding kennels there