Spirit Tasmania Dog Deaths

wildchild

Awful....just saw it on the news, cant imagine how the owner is feeling, going down to her car and finding two of her dogs dead, it would have been horrific and your worst nightmare :(

One of the prices we have to pay living on an island and wanting to travel with your dogs. I did the Spirit once with a dog, 12 hours and when we got to the other end he was quite stressed and had shredded everything to pieces that I had put in with him....and he was one of the most laid back dogs I had ever had.

After that, its fly - which is not without its problems either.

Sincere sympathy to the owner/family of the gorgeous looking rottis.

RIP :( How heartbreaking.

Ive travelled horses before on the Spirit of Tas without problems, and i've been on it quite a few times (used to live there) and i never actually realised people could leave pets in their cars... I know i never saw any in there.

What a terrible tragedy, something you'd never imagine could happen. Makes you wonder if the owner could have died of it as well if she'd gone down to spend time with them? How safe is it all?

We rehomed one of our Italian Greyhounds to Tassie just over a week ago. What we didn't know about was "Altitude sickness", she almost died as a result of the flight. Luckily with vet treatment she has pulled through and is now recovering well. It seems that nothing is without risks.

Chris and Tony are dear friends of ours. Our hearts are bleeding for them. I have spent the last few days feeling gutted. The empathy I am feeling for these wonderful, caring people is overwhelming. Knowing them so well, I know what they are going through must be almost unbearable for them.

:grouphug::grouphug::cry::cry:

One would be hard pressed to find more dedicated, passionate, involved dog people. Their lives are based almost entirely around the love, training and competing with their dogs.

Their Rottweilers are always magnificent ambassadors for our breed. They are dog and people friendly, affectionate and always so much fun to be around. Their dogs are always the sort of Rottweilers that us breed enthusiasts need out and about in our community, showing the public what a fantastic breed they are.

Dharma's gaining of two ANKC recognised herding titles since her leg was amputated in april this year is an amazing task in itself. She had more spunk than any 10yo Rotti I have ever seen. Her zest for life was inspiring.

Trekkie... what can I say. My favourite of all Whitey's kids. Such a hunk of gorgeous boy.

Trekkie being 7, was promised by Whitey to become top dog one day... always happy to play second fiddle to Whitey's right hand man Polo (Poo) 13yo. 7 was young for Whiteys' dogs.

Trekkie and Doobie, rest in peace and know how much your mum and dad love you dearly.

:rainbowbridge: