Another Breed Recommendation Thread

My sister has a JRT who even at 12 still has crazy zoomie sessions. She'll run around the pool table clockwise for about 10mins, then anticlockwise, then down the hall, then repeat the pool table run around again.. Crazy little possum :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My GSD competes pretty well in the zoomie department! She may not be as fast as a Greyhound but she is a smart cookie and cuts them off at the chase :laugh: (shortcuts)

Ha, Ha... I had a foster Grey (re-homed yesterday:-( that cut off my other foster Grey and Whippet....she was a successful racer and I could see why immediately I saw her run... she always looked for the best angles:-)

When Greys play with other dogs, they tend to be in 2nd gear..... when they are ears down and in full flight, they are something to watch.

Salukis are experts at zoomies! Bella can out-zoom her Greyhound and Borzoi friends, she loves running just for fun. Quite intimidating to have her running at full speed towards you! :)

so Belle can out-zoomie Arya? This I gotta see!

My daughter's Borzoi Arya does pretty funny half-zoomies. Flat out, then fall over - she's still learning how to control the stop. :)

Edited by Zug Zug

Besides my BC puppy, the only dog here to do regular zoomies is my brothers 8 year old Malamute, she will still do them almost every day. The others love to run around lots but different running to actuall zoomies.

It's common among Tibbies & is called 'wilding'. Not all do it, tho'.

The Tibbie boy next door was given the name 'Brockie' after Peter Brock the racing driver, because he'd do zoomies at great speed.

When he'd pass my Tibbie girl, Angel, he'd grab her by the tail, & take her with him.

He tried that once, with our other Tibbie girl, Gracie. She tipped him on his back & stood on him. Brockie left her out of his zooming, from then on.

Sibes do amazing zoomies. My girl is so fast, she outruns all the other dogs at the park. There are some pretty zoomie lappies too, but mine isn't one of them. :laugh:

I agree with this. She really misses having a house that she could do big zoomie laps all the way around. Now she does random tight direction changes.

I love seeing her dog park zoomies though, so much speed and so much fur