Big Day Out For Dogs Kcc Park Sunday 11th

RuralPug

Okay my breed club is having a comp in conjuction with this public showcase of ANKC dogs, I am looking the set up map supplied by Dogs Vic and reading that they would like clubs not to set up more than two or three gazebos to conserve space but they also say that there will be plenty of room to set up???

I am confuddled. I want to support my club but I am not going to drive all that way and stand about without shelter, especially since a drizzle is forecast. My club has ring four booked all morning, then the SWFs have it in the afternoon. I am not on the club committee or anything, just entering the comp.

Will I have space for my gazebo adjacent to ring four? Anybody?

ETA - not a problem anymore my breed club has moved indoors!!!

Library and Museum will be open on the day.

Dogs Vic office will be open 10am to 3pm. Staff will be happy to scan ID's on the day for those of you that are renewing membership plus they will accept lodgemts of paperwork (but no actual processing will be done on the day).

Various kids stalls - face painting and maybe a jumping castle.

Edited by RuralPug

Okay my breed club is having a comp in conjuction with this public showcase of ANKC dogs, I am looking the set up map supplied by Dogs Vic and reading that they would like clubs not to set up more than two or three gazebos to conserve space but they also say that there will be plenty of room to set up???

I am confuddled. I want to support my club but I am not going to drive all that way and stand about without shelter, especially since a drizzle is forecast. My club has ring four booked all morning, then the SWFs have it in the afternoon. I am not on the club committee or anything, just entering the comp.

Will I have space for my gazebo adjacent to ring four? Anybody?

It would be handy to know where my breed group is going to be located prior to arriving at KCC Park, is it possible to access this map online? I can't get into members section since computer had to be fixed as I lost a lot of information. Have just made a second request to Dogs Vic for another password.

Is the pavilion going to be available or is work still in progress on the re-surfacing?

To me it means those clubs/businesses with stalls can have 2-3 gazebo spaces, Those who are there for comps can have the left over space.

If you are right Sway, then my chances of shelter for the day don't look good.

Attached is the map I received - click on to read (I assume).Big-Day-Out-2011-Layout-2.pdf Not to scale, obviously!

ETA actually looking at he map, the businesses seem all arrayed around the edge, none adjacent to rings so I'm still not sure...

Edited by RuralPug

Thanks for the map Rural Pug - much appreciated. Makes it easier when you know the general direction you need to head in. Last year I didn't get there till mid morning and I had to park right down the back near the water tanks. Then had to try to find ring by navigating through the crowds while lugging all the gear. If I remember rightly there was a heavy downpour of rain just after I arrived last year but luckily the club is a small one and we had use of one of the gazebos so I didn't need to bring any form of shelter.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't have to worry anymore - have just heard from club secretary that our breed is now going to be indoors due to the forecast!! Yippee! The SWFs are coming indoors too, so I guess that means plenty more room outdoors for otrher peoples gazebos LOL!

Had a great day, ewxcept we came home looking like rudolph the raindeer. We were outside all day so got

wind burnt.

No rain all day during the event.

Had some interest in our breed, lots, lots dogs & handlers went through the Rally O course.

Thanks heaps to Angelsun for coming to Melbourne and showing us what we have to.

Thanks heaps to steward/aglity instructor Murray for taking over when Angelsun had to leave.

I didn't get a chance to go inside to look at other stalls.

I heard that the Advance stand had music up too loud so it echoed all through the building making it hard to hear

people talk.

BB

I had a great day too.....and yes I understand the burn....both sun and wind I look horendous today and its even too bad to put on any makeup so just have to look like Im blushing all day.

Saw lots and lots of GP who took interest in our breed...and won Best In Comp so a successful day all round.

Also had a great day.....had a go at Rally O, thank you Heather and all your helpers for making us feel welcome and educating us too. If only I could get my left and rights sorted LOL....................... And my dog had a great three sessions at the agility set-up by the GSD Club..........They were such a friendly lot of people, well done. Annabelle loved the tunnels and jumps...Tunnels are her all time favourite