2012 Pointscore - New Rules

SwaY

Can be found here - http://www.dogzonline.com.au/pointscore/2012/

What has changed from the 2011 competition?

Show Dog of the Year - Only best 30 results (points value) will be counted.

This competition will also be used as the basis for selecting Australia's entry to the Eukanuba World Challenge.

(More details of this will be released shortly.)

Breed Challenge Competition NEW - Previously known as Best of Breed competition.

Points will be awarded based on challenge points received (NOT the number of dogs entered).

Only best 40 results (points value) will be counted.

Rising Star of the Year - Only best 40 results (points value) will be counted.

Shows with total entry less that 250 will only receive half points for class in show and class in group wins.

ADVANCEĀ® Breeder of the Year - More titles now eligible for points.

Neuter Competition - NEW

Junior Handlers Competition - Only best 40 results (points value) will be counted.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breed Challenge Competition NEW - Previously known as Best of Breed competition.

Points will be awarded based on challenge points received (NOT the number of dogs entered).

I like the fact it will be based on challenge points for BOB and that it is capped at 40 shows/results (less would have been better, but hey it's a start)

I like the fact it will be based on challenge points for BOB and that it is capped at 40 shows/results (less would have been better, but hey it's a start)

yes it's a good start ....

I emailed a couple of questions to clarify a couple of the things on the Breed Challenge.

It mentions;

AllBreed & Specialty wins ... are "Group" shows included?

Runner Up Best Of Breed - what if they were not a CC winner ?

I emailed a couple of questions to clarify a couple of the things on the Breed Challenge.

It mentions;

Where does it say Runner Up Best Of Breed?

CC winners only as it says - Breed Challenge Competition - Previously known as Best of Breed competition.

It mentions;

CC winners only as it says - Breed Challenge Competition - Previously known as Best of Breed competition.

in the section;

ā€¢The following results are eligible.

ā—¦Best in Show (All Breeds or Specialty)

ā—¦Runner Up in Show (All Breeds or Specialty)

ā—¦Best In Group

ā—¦Runner Up in Group

ā—¦Best Of Breed

ā—¦Runner Up Best of Breed

ā—¦Dog Challenge

ā—¦Bitch Challenge

It mentions;

in the section;

ā€¢The following results are eligible.

ā—¦Best in Show (All Breeds or Specialty)

ā—¦Runner Up in Show (All Breeds or Specialty)

ā—¦Best In Group

ā—¦Runner Up in Group

ā—¦Best Of Breed

ā—¦Runner Up Best of Breed

ā—¦Dog Challenge

ā—¦Bitch Challenge

Arhh I see, I wonder if it's a cut and paste from the 2011 rules?

I'm sure troy will be along soon to answer the questions.

that was the way I did it when I put results in....put myself behind the 8 ball before we started :laugh:

It mentions;

AllBreed & Specialty wins ... are "Group" shows included?

For the purposes of the pointscore, we define a Group Show as an All Breeds Show. Any show that has less than one full ANKC group is a specialty.

Re the Runner-Up BOB, if they get no challenge points, then unfortunately they get no points. The result has been included in the list for the cases where they did get the challenge for their sex and got R/UP BOB as well. This result will then be used in tie-break situations if necessary.

;)

Glad to see they have the Neuter pointscore as well, :thumbsup:

and that BOB will be based on actual points awarded, not on numbers entered ;)

and I also like that the amount of shows that count is limited.

the only thing I dont like is the 250 entry show limit for awarding half points for classes in show etc,

a number of our smaller country shows out West here are lucky to get 250 entries and for most people out this way they are the only shows they do, they very rarely if ever show in or close to Sydney.

I think they should also drop the double points for shows over a certain number of entries ;) that also disadvantages country exhibitors,

yes I know we have a choice not to enter, and you will never please all the people all the time, :D

I might add I never expect to win these pointscores, I cant compete against people who can show week in week out all over the state, but I do still like to enter, its fun for me and I enjoy seeing others in my chosen breeds how they are doing and where they are going, and who is awarding them, and how my dogs in other states are doing :D :thumbsup: :D

but

Edited by Libertybrook

Re the Runner-Up BOB, if they get no challenge points, then unfortunately they get no points. The result has been included in the list for the cases where they did get the challenge for their sex and got R/UP BOB as well. This result will then be used in tie-break situations if necessary.

Why not just leave it as Challenge - as you don't get extra points for RUBOB?

I can see people submitting RUBOB even if they got no CC points.

So if a dog now wins BOB and there is no other entries they will be entitled to 6 points compared with 1 under the old system? And on the flip side if they win a national where there are hundreds of entries they get 25 regardless? I didn't like the old system where baby puppies and absentees are included, but not sure I'm keen on this way either. The ideal for me would be to count the number of actual dogs beaten but that raises the issue of how do you actually control/police it? I'll follow with interest how this will affect each different breed :)

I do agree with Sway and I'm loving the capped results (I also agree that less would have been even better).

I like the new rules with challenge points. I'll admit I have counted absentees on the old format, but always felt a little guilty in doing so (even though it was allowed). And baby puppies aren't elligible to compete in the challenge line-up so it was silly counting them as well.

elmaro, counting the actual dogs beaten is basically what the new system is... Absentees can't get you points on a challenge certificate.

I like the new rules... well done Troy

It definitely puts everyone on a more even playing field.

I love the idea of putting all the results of one show up. I am often interested in seeing results of multiple groups :thumbsup: and the breed results in interstate shows.

Yay for Neuter comp!!

So if a dog now wins BOB and there is no other entries they will be entitled to 6 points compared with 1 under the old system?

Yes

And on the flip side if they win a national where there are hundreds of entries they get 25 regardless?

No idea

I didn't like the old system where baby puppies and absentees are included, but not sure I'm keen on this way either. The ideal for me would be to count the number of actual dogs beaten but that raises the issue of how do you actually control/police it? I'll follow with interest how this will affect each different breed :)

That what will be happening now...

Beat 2 dogs, you get 8 points

Beat no other dogs, you get 6 points

As apposed to the old way where 10 could have be entered and you are the only one who showed, Your CC says 6 points, yet the DOL point score would have said 10.