2012 Pointscore - New Rules

SwaY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sway I think it's is a great change. It is meant to be about competing against your own breed rather than more points for BIG (which is really already covered in the Showdog Comp).

agree :thumbsup:

I also agree.

The only thing I think is wrong, or harsh is a BOB at a specialty only gets your 25 points even if you beat 100 dogs.

I know not all breeds have specialties or large entries, and you can't please them all.

I also agree.

The only thing I think is wrong, or harsh is a BOB at a specialty only gets your 25 points even if you beat 100 dogs.

I know not all breeds have specialties or large entries, and you can't please them all.

I agree Sway ... and it's "breed" so a Specialty win should be rewarded somehow ...

Have to say the other thing I don't like is nothing for RUBOB (if you weren't a CC winner) .. but I do understand it's

called "Breed Challenge" .. but in my opinion it may not necessarily reflect the "best" overall.

Sway I think it's is a great change. It is meant to be about competing against your own breed rather than more points for BIG (which is really already covered in the Showdog Comp).

agree :thumbsup:

I also agree.

I agree it is good to see a new system and it all seems pretty fair except for the RUBOB if they were a reserve Best of Sex. I know they dont get any points, fair enough, they didnt get Best Dog or Bitch but in this instance it penalises them for beating every other dog out there except the Best of Breed.

SO if you had an entry of 14(12 dogs and 2 bitches)and the Best dog goes best of breed, reserve dog goes reserve of breed and bests the best bitch then it gets nothing. But the Bitch still walks away with points to put on the pointscore.

This could happen at a multitude of shows.

I know the competition in the ring is not all about the DOL pointscore, well to me it isnt, but its just a little unfair to not include this. The Reserve of Breed could then actually go on to win Reserve of group but left with no points.

Still you cant please everyone just for a pointscore comp and you have to draw the line somewhere, I realise that.

Just curious wit the Junior Handler COmpetition..

With the ANKC Handlers ( I realise it is in no way connected to DOL, but in SA I would estimate that 95 percent of the Junior heats are run by the ANKC Committee as qualifiers for Finals.)

One a Junior wins three heats they are then in eligible to go in the heats anymore... so in theory, it is possible for someone to win without ever winning a heat if they are consistantly placed 2nd or 3rd?

Congrats on the New rules. I love the idea of restricting the number of shows and fantastic your have a Neuter pointscore but still confused why only some ANKC titles are included. No points for Rally-O? Flyball? DWD? Surely ALL ANKC titles are worthy of being on the pointscore?

I personally think it should either be a Show Dog of the year (Conformation only) or a DOTY (All titles).

I saw DWD and Rally included. Didn't see flyball though

Just curious wit the Junior Handler COmpetition..

With the ANKC Handlers ( I realise it is in no way connected to DOL, but in SA I would estimate that 95 percent of the Junior heats are run by the ANKC Committee as qualifiers for Finals.)

One a Junior wins three heats they are then in eligible to go in the heats anymore... so in theory, it is possible for someone to win without ever winning a heat if they are consistantly placed 2nd or 3rd?

The other factor is the sheer difference in the number of shows held in some states compared to others but yes in n WA this is an issue & a few clubs have been made club only for this factor & when i judged an ANKC heat last i placed 1/3 so that the results could be used for DOL but its like all things you can enter or not enter

Thanks for the feedback.

As you have suggested, there is still going to be some issues and we will try to fine tune it again for 2013 but most times when you try to 'fix' something, another issue is introduced.

Congrats on the New rules. I love the idea of restricting the number of shows and fantastic your have a Neuter pointscore but still confused why only some ANKC titles are included. No points for Rally-O? Flyball? DWD? Surely ALL ANKC titles are worthy of being on the pointscore?

I personally think it should either be a Show Dog of the year (Conformation only) or a DOTY (All titles).

I saw DWD and Rally included. Didn't see flyball though

Flyball is in the 'agility and games' section.

We tried to lodge our results from last night (Jan 1st 2012) and couldn't. Does anyone know when we can

start lodging results?

BB

You should be able to enter them now. Can you let me know what error you get or what the issue is.

(The NZ pointscore is still not ready though.)

We tried to lodge our results from last night (Jan 1st 2012) and couldn't. Does anyone know when we can

start lodging results?

BB

Also check that you are using the 'Pointscore 2012' link and not the 'Pointscore 2011' link.

Guest CaptainCourageous

I feel the one-off ET deserves more recognition.

start lodging results?

BB

Also check that you are using the 'Pointscore 2012' link and not the 'Pointscore 2011' link.

I did enter them OK BB - it's just there's no 2012 leader board yet.

I think most of the new rules are definitely in the right direction and help to make this a fair competition.

It is the loss of RUBOB in the Breed Competition that I am struggling with. I agree the breed competition needed improvement - removing the baby puppies, absentees and Neuters was a correct move. Including the opposite DCC or BCC was also appropriate. What I don’t see is how the competition can still represent the best dogs in the breed with the deletion of the RUBOB.

I have competed in two shows this year and in both shows my bitch received reserve challenge and RUBOB.

In the 2011 competition she would have received - 16 + 15 = 31 breed score points and

In the 2012 competition as RUBOB she received 0 + 0 = 0. The BOB received 15 + 15 = 30 points.

The DCC on both the days only competed against 3 other males and gets 9 + 9 = 18 points.

The DCC beats 3 dogs and gets 9 points and the RUBOB beats 9 dogs is declared second best on the day and gets no points??

I cannot see how the 2012 competition is a correct and fair representation of the best of the breed?? :confused:

I can sort of see the issue with the breed points scoring, but you could argue that if you want the breed represented this way on the pointscore, that it should also be represented this way with breed points towards a title, after all a dog could win RUBOB all year around and never score a point despite beating other dogs of it's breed. It certainly makes things easier when it comes to entering the score, anyway...

Guest CaptainCourageous

Underwhelmed by rules which permit "All Breeds" competitors to not enter "Breed Challenge" scores!