Posting Photo's Of Decent Size

blonde

Hi, Can anyone point me in the rite direction so i can learn how to post photo's of decent size-mine seem to be all small compared to what other people are putting up. I am keeping the size under 200 but then i see huge photo's that look great -and i am wodnering how do people do that...any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I don't like doing that just for the fact that it's a connection straight to your computer's files. By using a proxy middleman such as a hosting site it takes out your file information and connection to your computer. *paranoia*

Pers I was under the impression that a direct upload only resulted in the small image Blonde was referring to, since there are much more strict file size limits? I like that with the 'linking' method I can set the photo to the size I want it to appear and preview how it will look at that size.

I haven't played around with it though so I'm not certain :o

Edited by Weasels

Flickr is one of the best image hosting sites. I used Tinypic before but they randomly delete images, which was causing havoc for the websites. You also get the BB Code to post images on forums like these and can choose various sizes.

:o slightly OT..Just a query..why does everyone recommend posting photos from an internet photo hosting site, and not just adding them from your hard drive?

With most forums there's a size limit to what you can upload. When you're linking, you can link to any size, so you don't need to lower the quality of the image.

I use Easy Thumbnails - free image resizing software that will happily do batch resizing. I resize to 1024x768 using a bicubic algorithm and set the jpeg quality to 80% - all of my images come in under 200k and are still very nice quality to be viewed on a PC screen. Nice size for sending in emails as well.

I them upload the resized images to Photobucket - I have a paid account there so I can store as many images and have lots of available bandwidth for people viewing them - and post the img links in the forum posts... once you've done it a few times, it's dead easy... honest!

The following pic is only 78kb...

05-11-2011-zoo144.jpg

T.

Ok well I have now found this photobucket website -says me soundin positively ancient- but now i dont know how to get the photo's from that website to this forum-can anyone ie me a step by step instruction? Like from this point where i am writing-i go below and it asks "attach file" but it goes straight to my computer files-how do i get to my photobucket album...sorry to be a pain in the #@%!