Pedigree Papers (incorrect)

Talien

Heya just got home and checked his papers, they're all signed by the breeder ready for my information to be jotted down and sent off :)

Freak-out over!

Hehehe

As for not showing him on Limited Register, I know this but he will (at my discretion) be getting evaluated by the breeder for showing/breeding at 12 months (if I choose to do this) and she said she would help me get into showing and show me the ropes if I am interested.

As yet, he's still only 9 weeks (as of yesterday!) so I will take some time to think about it. As it is I am just happy to have a companion goldie who loves to play and learn (so far he is learning very quickly!)

And my little ball of love just figured out his new treat ball and is hoovering it up as we speak!)

I'll send the forms out tomorrow once we can access our money again! (stupid CBA... >.<)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have "of" in a name. Isaak is Twist of Fate, his sister is Twist of Summer. And it's definitely not "ov" because I chose his name and I didn't want "ov" and said if he couldn't be Twist Of Fate, he could be "Double Twist".

Perhaps it was in the past, but it is definitely not allowed now (in QLD at least, but I'm pretty sure all states are the same).

x2

Definitely not allowed in Queensland

So many things have made me feel unsafe about all of this lately. Just really on edge, changes in dates and names and parents of the puppy and all manner of things that just leave me feeling excessively uneasy. Arty has been checked for health issues, and there were none that the vet could see.

He is microchipped to ME and as of the 21st will be registered locally to me too. Will the Pedigree forms need to be in my name to have him successfully registered locally?

:confused: they changed the parents names :confused:

No, the breeder had two litters on the ground, they thought there wasn't a pup available from the parents Talien originally chose, so they offered her a pup from the other litter, at pick up they told her the pup was coming from the original parents as one had become available to her

You can have "of" in a name. Isaak is Twist of Fate, his sister is Twist of Summer. And it's definitely not "ov" because I chose his name and I didn't want "ov" and said if he couldn't be Twist Of Fate, he could be "Double Twist".

Perhaps it was in the past, but it is definitely not allowed now (in QLD at least, but I'm pretty sure all states are the same).

He was only born last year.

Here is the relevant section in the ANKC regulations regarding naming of dogs. I think this covers all states. There is nothing there about not using the word "of".

SECTION 6

Rules for Registration

6.1 Use of words in the name of a dog:

6.1.1 The following are not to be used in the name of a dog:

???? “imp”

???? hyphens

???? apostrophes

???? Roman Numerals

However, numbers written as a word are permissible provided it is clear that it does not represent a numerical sequence. (Admin. 07/98) (Amended 05/02)

So many things have made me feel unsafe about all of this lately. Just really on edge, changes in dates and names and parents of the puppy and all manner of things that just leave me feeling excessively uneasy. Arty has been checked for health issues, and there were none that the vet could see.

He is microchipped to ME and as of the 21st will be registered locally to me too. Will the Pedigree forms need to be in my name to have him successfully registered locally?

:confused: they changed the parents names :confused:

No, the breeder had two litters on the ground, they thought there wasn't a pup available from the parents Talien originally chose, so they offered her a pup from the other litter, at pick up they told her the pup was coming from the original parents as one had become available to her

oh, thanks

Check again. Dogs Queensland are probably wondering why all these puppies are being registered with the word "ov" when the word should clearly be "of" because there is nothing in their rules that says you can't use "of" in a dogs name. Maybe it's one of those silly things that someone thought you couldn't do and word got around and now everyone thinks you can't because no one actually checked that you can. Or maybe they amended the ruling and no one noticed.

But here is the relevant section from CCCQ's rules:

NAMING OF DOGS

64. No word that is in the nature of an affix, and no prefix except the breeder’s registered prefix, may be used as part of a dog’s name, provided that in the case of dogs registered in other States, Territories or Countries it shall be at the discretion of the CCC(Q) as to whether or not the existing registered names may be required to be altered.

65. The use of numbers written as words is permissible in names provided it is clear that it does not represent a numerical sequence. The use of numbers as numerals is not permissible.

66. The use of names of towns, places, countries, notable persons, common names or names that are misleading as to sex, origin or relationship, ”Imp”, hyphens, apostrophes and roman numerals shall not be permitted in the name of the dog.

67. The name of a dog must include the registered Prefix of the breeder, such a prefix shall be deemed to be part of the name. No name including the prefix shall exceed 30 spaces to be used as letters or spaces. Prefixes do not apply to the Associate or Sporting Register.

68. The CCC(Q) may at its discretion refuse to accept any name for registration

69. A name once registered shall not again be re–registered in the same prefix.

70. Once a name has been registered and accepted, it shall not be altered or added to except by permission of, or as required by the CCC(Q) .

71. No dog shall be entered for competition or exhibition or be advertised except by its full registered name, together with its recognised title and the word “Imp,” plus country of origin if the dog is imported.

72. Reserved

My girl's has "of" in it and she is 2.

My breeder had a theme so I didn't have a say in the pedigree name - I chose her pet name to match her pedigree name though :)

Isaaks' litter had a theme, their names all had the word "twist" in them to honour the sire Twister, who died shortly after they were born. But I got to choose the name, I just had to use the word "twist". I also chose Bensons' and Dustys' names before they were registered.

My girl's has "of" in it and she is 2.

My breeder had a theme so I didn't have a say in the pedigree name - I chose her pet name to match her pedigree name though :)

Isaaks' litter had a theme, their names all had the word "twist" in them to honour the sire Twister, who died shortly after they were born. But I got to choose the name, I just had to use the word "twist". I also chose Bensons' and Dustys' names before they were registered.

I don't mind that I didn't choose because she has a cool registered name :thumbsup:

Yes Arty was "meant to be" but there was a lot of confusion with the parents as I was told in the beginning that I was to get the male from the litter with the most potential.

Then I was told that the pups had died.

Then I was told that there was in fact a pup available from that litter and that they had previously had him "popped away" for someone else but that they had since pulled out.

It was a lot of confusion but I believe that the breeder simply had second thoughts about giving a pick out to someone who lived so far away from her. Whatever her reasons I love my little ball of fluff and it is as if he was meant to be with me all along as it kinda went in a full 360 :)

Check again. Dogs Queensland are probably wondering why all these puppies are being registered with the word "ov" when the word should clearly be "of" because there is nothing in their rules that says you can't use "of" in a dogs name. Maybe it's one of those silly things that someone thought you couldn't do and word got around and now everyone thinks you can't because no one actually checked that you can. Or maybe they amended the ruling and no one noticed.

I applied for a name with 'of' in it and it came back changed to 'ov' along with a notice saying that 'of' couldn't be used. The pups are 9.5 weeks old :)

This would be covered by...

64. No word that is in the nature of an affix

... as in Prefix blah blah of blah

Edited by Sandra777

I applied for a name with 'of' in it and it came back changed to 'ov' along with a notice saying that 'of' couldn't be used. The pups are 9.5 weeks old :)

Maybe you should ask why, as there's nothing in their regulations about the word "of". I'd be furious if I applied for names with "of" and they came back as "ov" because that is a different word altogether and not an attractive one. Maybe they don't know their own regulations.

Gayle - is the word 'of' running into another word? Like Twistof Fate?

I know it's not allowed in QLD, as I argue with someone about it at least once a week ;)

No, it's Twist of Fate. I just went and checked as he has new papers (trf from co-ownership to me) and it's definitely three separate words. He was registered in SA originally, then transferred to co-ownership in Vic then transferred again to me.

Gayle - is the word 'of' running into another word? Like Twistof Fate?

I know it's not allowed in QLD, as I argue with someone about it at least once a week ;)

Where on their regulations does it say it's not allowed though? I checked, it's not on the ANKC regs and I can't see it in the CCCQ ones either. And what's the reason?

We have Abrolhos King of the Pride, born 2009, WA registered, transferred to Victoria and then transferred to Tasmania. One of the pups we bred in July this year is named Allerzeit March of the Celts, Tas registered.

Interesting that Qld won't allow "of" - I'd be furious if it came back as "ov" :eek:

Just out of curiosity, how important is it to change the papers into the new owners name??

I got my girl at 6 months of age (she is now 12 months). I never even gave a second thought to change the details on her papers over to my name. The breeder never said anything! (but now that i'm looking at the papers, she has pre-signed the back ready for me to send off it would seem) I have no interest in showing and she can't be anyway because she has a severe underbite. I see it says late fees apply 60 days after transfer....so my question is, is there any need to change her over to my name? Is she was to ever become lost, her microchip and council rego are under my name..

Edited by tiff-689