Dog Beach - Vic

JulesP

we went down to mornington at christmas and could not see a dog beach... we had a dog with a ripped claw and took her for a paddle...

the ranger was seen as we were leaving the beach... we coped a warning... as the beach was sign posted as off lead after 9pm and before 7am... so we refused to stay there over night and left...

too many nasty humans for my liking... like the kids killing sea cucumbers and the mother allowed them to go dive for ones in bay.... not just the washed up ones.

Hi Nik

And Merry Christmas :)

Of course, you'd expect that from the pretentious snobs on the Mornington Peninsula.

So if you get it wrong then they know you're not 'us'.

Portsea hole is well named and is not the hyped up dive experience advertised.

Since Williamstown is our old stamping ground any of the beaches that are not exclusively between the Life Saving Club and The Fearon are off the front beach.

We don't talk like the Mornington hoity toity but around behind the football ground is sometimnes referred to as the back beach.

More usually it is Shelly Beach because of all the shell grit that covers the sand.

Most other places around the world don't follow Mornington's distortion.

Altona you say@! Where is Altona? Do people actually live there? :laugh:

Px

You're just being silly, aren't you?

My beach that I go to is Seaford/Carrum and its great for dogs. Its not too crowded. At the moment dogs are allowed on, off leash before 10 am. Not allowed on between 10 am and 7.30pm, allowed on, on lead after 7.30pm.

Edited by Pawprints

we went down to mornington at christmas and could not see a dog beach...

Fosters Beach & Royal Beach are 24/7 dog beaches in Mornington.

can I suggest that folks look at the particular council web sites for dog beach info - all information, locations, times for dog friendly beaches,etc are on there.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go to the beach near Sandringham yacht club yesterday for something with my son, so I took my dog for company whilst he was busy. Turned out the beach on the city side was offleash 24/7! Not a very nice beach, but there was only us and one other dog. Annie had a great time.

Kirislin looks like your dogs had a great time. Might go there today if the weather is nice again.

Jules my sister takes her Schnauzer to Torquay. She says there is a year round access area for dogs. Though I guess that makes it a "dog beach" but it is a very large area. :)

Edited by LizT

Had a ball at Altona beach yesterday. I've never been there before but I'd like to go back again.

Here's Lily looking like a psycho.

6850209993_940cf60625_z.jpg

playing chasey

6850211177_3f7cde44c3_z.jpg

Oscar, Feathers litter brother, who's almost 10 can still move pretty well.

6850211977_4235d4c514_z.jpg

Lily terrorising her wimpy brother Puck

6850214829_f464deda63_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Fantastic photos Kirislin. They obviously had a great time. I love the last one. Quite solitary in a shared kind of way. I think that would make a really good poster photo for the wall :).

thanks Erny.

It's a really fun beach for dogs, we went when the tide was out, so lots of shallows to splash in and rocks to explore, we all loved it, people and dogs.

Fantastic photos Kirislin. They obviously had a great time. I love the last one. Quite solitary in a shared kind of way. I think that would make a really good poster photo for the wall :).

thanks Erny.

It's a really fun beach for dogs, we went when the tide was out, so lots of shallows to splash in and rocks to explore, we all loved it, people and dogs.

Is it busy?