Weird Dog Dreams, Anyone?

sandgrubber

Anybody else have strange dreams about their dogs?

A couple nights ago I dreamed that I looked at Bonza's belly and was amazed to see that she had four rows of teats . . . giving her a total of 20. In the dream I was surprised that I hadn't noticed them before, and was little worried that someone was going to say it was the result of inbreeding. [Odd notion: She has only one repeat name on her 5 generation pedigree. The repeat is in gen 5].

I kept having bad dreams about one of my dogs.

1 time she was hit by a car.

Another time she was stolen.

Then she was eaten by a crocodile (in the drain at work LOL)

It started to freak me out a little cause I would wake up like it was real.

Then in real life she got shot one morning early........ she lived after some surgery (although mentally scarred) and since then I have not had any more bad dreams about her.

Most recent one I remember about my girl she was in danger and I couldn't protect her [i was doing a sleep over shift at the time so I was away from her which is rare] and I just remember waking up with this feeling of dread. Later that day I took her for her walk to the local puppy park to go and play and wouldn't you know, she ran over glass cutting her Carpal pad, the first time she has injured herself and one of the most difficult spot's to heal!

Last night I had two dreams, one good one bad. :laugh:

First one was that I got to handle this amazing, top winning dog and won runner up at some huge show. You should have seen the trophy and sashes! :thumbsup:

Second was my friend's dogs were being hit by cars. :( One got hit and it flew up on to the roof of her house. :( She adores her dogs and it was just terrible.

I actually had a wierd dream about a DOLer and her new pup only last night!

I dreamed I simply turned up at K9Angel's place for a brief holiday. Her relationship with her new pup Takoda was amazing to see - that dog was so focussed on her! She fed me a very nice stew (the weather was cold) and I hung out with her two boys and was there when a neighbour dropped off a wandering dog for her to look after while the owner was found (she does that kind of thing). I remember thinking her house was smaller in my dream than I expected and I was thinking "oh that is where she had her xmas tree but she has already taken it down". Her boys were just gorgeous and happy confident little men. I was dissappointed not to be able to go outside and see the other dogs in their runs (I think she keeps some in runs?)as it was already night time. She didn't seem at all concerned about me dropping in and expecting to stay! Oh and in my dream her house was 2 storeys but I think it is really only 1 storey in RL. And in my dream it was like I was just visiting DOLers I respect from the rescue threads - I think Mother Moocher or tdierikx were next on my list.

Is this borderline stalking????

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

After my jake passed ...i was distraught and could not even return to my usual bed...

eventually after about 3 weeks i did and that night i dreamed that he came pattering into the room,and stood for a while beside my bed as was his wont.. waitiong for me to pat the bed and say up Jake. It was so real i could smell his fresh sunny dog smell. i patted the bed and invited him up and i felt him jump up and snuggle.. gave his little snorty sounds of contentment and a nuzzle and he was gome..

was it a dream or did he come to say he was ok???

H

I like to think it was Jake telling you all is ok in his new world and that he wants all to be normal and ok back here for you. There are lots of stories of people who say a lost loved one has visited them while they are in bed while they are grieving, as if to tell them they were ok. For me it has more been like a feeling that Ricky is just still here, somewhere in the house waiting for me to trip over her