Dogs Victoria Amenities Show - Vic

SwaY

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car said it was 49oC 2 hours ago!! I have taken a photo to prove it!!!! Lol :rofl:

Friend said it was 44 at Geelong at 18:47 and sent a photo to prove it. Luckily it is only 37.4 here but I am staying inside until that fireball sinks a bit lower in the sky.

I live less than 10 mins from KCC park thank you very much and it was still 44 degrees on my car's sensor when I got home.

What were you using for a thermometer may I ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee narky much, obviously the heat gets to you !!!!!!!!!!

You said it was 44 in Mentone, not where you live 10min from KCC.

I have been using the 4 links I posted on page two.

When there is a breeze, KCC is always cooler than the suburbs. I did both night shows and left my home in around 36 degrees but it was about 31 by the time I got to KCC. Dogs in air conditioned comfort driving down there and cool coats to get them through the first hour. Take the point that if the car breaks down we have a problem. I chose not to show today (black dogs) but most groups were finished early and dogs and owners home around midday. It would have been nasty for specials I am guessing but nothing like the 40 degrees that the Melbourne suburbs had. Bring on more night shows in summer and the way for us to get them is to support this weekend of showing which is about raising funds to get more lighting.

I live less than 10 mins from KCC park thank you very much and it was still 44 degrees on my car's sensor when I got home.

:rofl:

Please learn to read, i said it was still 44 degrees at home.

I live around the corner and no way was it that temp.

O yes it was, 44 degrees in Mentone where I work

Wow, rude much?

Your original post said you work in Mentone and it was 44 degrees there, such a shame we are not all mindreaders and didn't know where you lived.

I live around the corner and no way was it that temp.

O yes it was, 44 degrees in Mentone where I work

Wow, rude much?

Your original post said you work in Mentone and it was 44 degrees there, such a shame we are not all mindreaders and didn't know where you lived.

Guest CaptainCourageous

A mini poodle won bis from another list so may be wrong.

They were camping on the grounds, they are from interstate.

Good grief, I am new here and new to showing. But feel like I am back in a bitchy school yard! Cannot believe what I am reading here! I am one of those ' bad' people who showed today! From about 8.30 am we had a lovely breeze through KCC park. I won BoB without much competition, so shoot me! I had a great morning helping a couple of others who didn't have their usual helper, I ended up showing a few other dogs, and grateful for the experience. All but one ring outside were pulled down and packed up by 11 am. Yes it was hot, but once I got in my car to come home the temp said 37 deg I was home by 11.30. never did I see dogs or people staggering around as someone said earlier. What I saw was a dog show with emphases on keeping cool as possible, and getting finished ASAP. Done successfully .

Good grief, I am new here and new to showing. But feel like I am back in a bitchy school yard! Cannot believe what I am reading here! I am one of those ' bad' people who showed today! From about 8.30 am we had a lovely breeze through KCC park. I won BoB without much competition, so shoot me! I had a great morning helping a couple of others who didn't have their usual helper, I ended up showing a few other dogs, and grateful for the experience. All but one ring outside were pulled down and packed up by 11 am. Yes it was hot, but once I got in my car to come home the temp said 37 deg I was home by 11.30. never did I see dogs or people staggering around as someone said earlier. What I saw was a dog show with emphases on keeping cool as possible, and getting finished ASAP. Done successfully .

Congratulations on your BoB win Jbea, glad to hear you had a nice day.

I agree with the people in this thread who have said that each person needs to make the decision that is right for both them and their dog/s. Some people live close by, they and their dogs cope well in the heat etc. and I can understand their reasoning for showing in the heat.

I hate the heat, so had a nice day relaxing in air conditioned comfort :D.

Congratulations on your BoB win Jbea, glad to hear you had a nice day.

I agree with the people in this thread who have said that each person needs to make the decision that is right for both them and their dog/s. Some people live close by, they and their dogs cope well in the heat etc. and I can understand their reasoning for showing in the heat.

I hate the heat, so had a nice day relaxing in air conditioned comfort :D.

Unless people were actually there for the whole of the show, they can't say with 100% accuracy if it was too hot. I have seen plenty of set ups at dog shows where I dare say the dogs were cooler than they would have been at home. Plenty of water, ice, cool coats and fans. Even if there were some exhibitors with no consideration for their dogs and I seriously doubt that, there are plenty around who would tell them to take more care. My BC is long haired and where did he lie at home yesterday? On our lawn, asleep in the full sun for a good hour.

Ambient temperature from a car is totally useless if the vehicle is or has been running. It picks up the engine as a heat source and raises the temp reading by at least 5 and more degrees. You can't judge what 37 degrees in an open area, with a breeze felt like compared to a closed suburban backyard would be. The show officials and the judges did all they could to get the show over and people away at a decent hour. I wouldn't choose to show as I don't cope with the heat as well as my dogs do, but I won't abuse those who did compete.