Taste Of The Wild

Boxer05

I did it! Got 4 x 6.8 bags of TOTW :laugh:

The kids looooove High Prairie variety. Apparently roasted bison and venison for lunch is the best thing ever. I think they were a bit bored with HS.

that's great :thumbsup:

I like that you can change the variety round to

so get a different one each time

mine love all of them

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! One gets used to the snoring or wears ear plugs :laugh:

But the toxic gas - no evil deed, like feeding new food, goes unpunished.

Might have to consider wearing a nose peg next time.

Sorry OT..

How wonderful to hear that another person enjoys bully snoring.

It helps me fall asleep. To me, it's the sound of contentment and a sign that all is well my world :laugh:

OH wears ear plugs. Every night.

Edited by Kajtek

I started one of the cavs on TOTW a few weeks ago. Her coat has actually really deteriorated on it - but that being said, she has been very sick lately and has started a new medication at a similar time. So its hard to say whether its the food, her illness, or the medication causing her coat to go... I'm going to transition someone else onto ToTW too, to see how they react. Hoping it will be good, because I've had good success with canidae in the past and was hoping this would be just as good.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lavendergirl

How is everyone going with this food? Particularly interested in those that had itchy dogs - did it help at all?

How is everyone going with this food? Particularly interested in those that had itchy dogs - did it help at all?

It didn't really help with my old boy's itchies but nothing seems too, so he has come back off it. Both dogs love it though. Now to try and source rabbit which shouldn't be to hard for me so he can change to rabbit and sweet potato <sigh>

No luck here either with the fish one. Made poor Josh a mess. He had a massive reaction to it. Oh well back to the drawing board as well.

Guest lavendergirl

No luck here either with the fish one. Made poor Josh a mess. He had a massive reaction to it. Oh well back to the drawing board as well.

Oh thats a shame. How did he react? I am thinking of trying the fish one - my boy is currently on Canidae ALS which has Chicken, Lamb and Fish. I am thinking one with a single protein source may be better - worth a try anyway :) Sometimes I think they would do just as well on table scraps!

• 1 month later...

just went in to grab another bag for the kids and they have a lamb based one now thumbsup1.gif

so grabbed a bag of that as well

Mine just love it and look great....it's nice to be able to have 4 different types to choose from as well

one good thing with the new lamb one to is there is no chicken in it, great for people who have dogs with an allergy to chicken

Another big thumbs up here. Rotated through a few of the different varieties here. The Pacific Stream formula made the pups look amazing however the High Prairie is the most liked.

I would love to keep feeding this but it gets sent to the local post office who has a spaz about the size of the parcels :mad. He insists I collect it straight away and sometimes I cant get in there until a week later due to work. It is the only food which maintains weight on my SBT really well.

Clyde,

Sorry to take this post off topic slightly :o Just wanted to ask you if I remember correctly you also feed Holistic Select Anchovie as well. How did you find that went as I am thinking of trying it with my 2 as my boy is grain

intolerant. I have them going really well on TOTW Salmon variety but with the recall of it ( even though I have been told we aren't effected here ) thought I might try something else. Would never forgive myself if something

unfortunate happened. Thanks :)

You have a strange P.O. LOL :crazy:

Edited by BC Crazy

there have been a few food recalls of lots of things ( people and animal ) I guess both here and oversea's

I'm not going to stop feeding mine the TOTW....of course recalls are always a huge worry...my dogs are everything to me

but australian brands can also have recalls....

of course you worry

but I think if your going to buy any processed food there is always the chance of recalls

guess even some fresh

if there was another recall for a similar thing i would seriously think about changing brands

I hope there isn't as mine are doing so well on it...not to mention their coats

I have tried a lot of bickies ( australian and imported ) and they do ok on some others they don't like

these they just loved from the first taste, plus it's nice having 4 varieties to change things around

plus they might like a certain one more...I know people say dogs aren't like us and get sick of eating the same thing

but it's nice to give them a few to pick from smile.gif