New Years Eve & Fireworks

kiesha09

It's still daylight and I can hear someone in my complex, or very close by setting off fireworks already! (What a waste in fireworks?)

Puppy went to the door wagging his tail. Haha. I think he may have thought it was a door knock as it wasn't too loud. Hopefully he stays this calm and happy for the rest of the night as they are only going to get louder / worse by the sounds of things!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've started around here already too and it's still daylight. :( It usually gets pretty bad around here NYE. Thankfully all of my dogs are fine, bar one.

I feel sorry for the many dogs out there that will try and do the bolt tonight. :(

I stayed home in to see how my pup would go with the NYE fireworks....needn't have worried - they just set him off into crazy zoomies until they were all over :rofl: I didn't see the fireworks at all, too busy laughing at Paddy! :)

I stayed home in to see how my pup would go with the NYE fireworks....needn't have worried - they just set him off into crazy zoomies until they were all over :rofl: I didn't see the fireworks at all, too busy laughing at Paddy! :)

:rofl:

Oh how cute!

I know. can't wait for midnight...:laugh:

Oh how cute!

It is cute.

Mine never worried till 2 years ago when someone down the road let of what could only be described as a home made bomb it was so loud. Apparently he blew his hand off :( . Kids can be so stupid.

Oh how cute!

It is cute.

Mine never worried till 2 years ago when someone down the road let of what could only be described as a home made bomb it was so loud. Apparently he blew his hand off :( . Kids can be so stupid.

What an idiot! Some people need things like that to happen to them to wake them up to their stupidity. :mad:

They have been going off here for the past hour. 5 frantic very stressed dogs. Its going to be a long night. Whoever is letting them off is really close, and they are so loud. My poor dogs. :(

I wouldn't mind if it was just at midnight, but this drawn out thing is what annoys me. And then they will go off randomly for weeks. :mad

I managed to get some rescue remedy today, a couple of fireworks went off a hour ago and Smooch started shaking violently, gave him a couple of drops of the rescue remedy and surprise surprise another couple of fireworks just went off and Smooch didn't take any notice. I really don't expect too many fireworks going off here. Spoke too soon Smooch just climbed under the computer table.

Edited by smooch

They have been going off here for the past hour. 5 frantic very stressed dogs. Its going to be a long night. Whoever is letting them off is really close, and they are so loud. My poor dogs. :(

I wouldn't mind if it was just at midnight, but this drawn out thing is what annoys me. And then they will go off randomly for weeks. :mad

Yup! I hear ya! I just walked outside and looked down my complex to see where the fireworks are coming from and they're coming from the complex next door quite close to my fence.

Oh to look inside the mind of a bogan.

I managed to get some rescue remedy today, a couple of fireworks went off a hour ago and Smooch started shaking violently, gave him a couple of drops of the rescue remedy and surprise surprise another couple of fireworks just went off and Smooch didn't take any notice. I really don't expect too many fireworks going off here. Spoke too soon Smooch just climbed under the computer table.

Is this the 'rescue remedy' that you can get in chemists for humans? :) sounds like a good buy!

Yes that's the one, I spotted it in a Health Food store today. I have given Smooch two doses, but he is still under the computer table trembling.

Oh perfect :) That's really good to know considering Australia Day is fast approaching. I don't think anything would be an ultimate solution but hopefully it's taking a bit of the edge off for Smooch :( Poor darling.

We've had them every night since Christmas and it started here at 8.30pm tonight :mad My animals aren't fussed by them but some of them are so loud I've jumped a few times and I feel for all the animals who are noise sensitive and panick and end up lost because of it :( if only people could do things in moderation it would be tolerable!

Oh how cute!

It is cute.

Ouch, i feel sorry for him, but at the same time how bloody stupid can you get??

We just had the 9pm fireworks at 8 40 and the boy seemed ok, luckily for me Thea Rose is too hyped up from dinner to sleep so she was scruffing with him on his bed and distracted him :thumbsup: