Foam Consistency Vomits

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I'm leaving work now to tale her to vet. She hasnt been fed anything abnormal and no poison at our house. She's vomited 6 times apparently

I tend to think foamy vomit is just from an empty stomach, I've never worried too much about foamy vomit on it's own but I do consider if the dog is still bright and happy and I do tend to have a feel of his stomach to check for bloat (deep chested breed I always worry a little)

But if in doubt a trip to the vet is always a good idea.

Another possibility is kennel cough, some dogs will cough until they vomit and it tends to be a kind of foamy, clear stuff, it can look very similar to the symptoms of having something caught in the throat. Good luck at the vet, I hope it's nothing too serious.

Guest donatella

Ok back from the vet, she thinks it's something she ate from the garden possibly but stomach isnt distended and bowels are good. The only thing I hope it's not is an obstruction because she got behind the tv cabinet while I was at work 2 days ago and chewed the antenna into smitherines. The vet knows this but doesn't seem too worried. She is fasting until tomorrow and has been given an anti-emetic injection to cover her for 24 hours so she should sleep well tonight.