The 365 Project

MavericksMission

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love stalking this thread and I do it frequently. But I just had to say - Helen, your images are always so very creative and you always pull them off. I love your processing, I love the texture and I love love love that seagull image :)

Thanks Huga. Funny thing about that seagull image is that I pulled up wondering what the heck I was going to take a photo of, because it had to be quick, and they guy in the car must have read my mind. Don't know if he thought I was mad taking photos of the seagulls or not LOL

I have managed to last 10 times longer than last year, mainly because I enjoyed looking through your finished set so much, and your words that you were too subburn to give up have stuck in the back of my mind :thumbsup:

MavericksMission - what a classic, I have never seen a cat do that before :thumbsup:

Newfsie - love the light shining through the web

Edited by helen

Day 35 - I did a flash photography workshop (on and off camera) quite a while ago now, but have not put it to use too much yet. The instructor near the end came and talked to me and the friend I went with, and because we are from Geelong made a point of saying to take the flash and practice on the beach, it is the perfect place for flash photography. I finally took his advice today, and now I wonder why it took so long. The photos below are with flash and then without flash. I tried to match the histogram as best as I could on the photos in lightroom, then they were given exactly the same treatment in PSE. ETA - I have not shown the metadata on these photos on Flickr as I left 1/2 of my brain behind, I did make a bad mistake with my settings but got lucky (too fast on the shutter speed), but will be sure not to do it again LOL

With flash

6816108647_6074ab5dba.jpg

no flash

6816104993_31fe5d54e9.jpg

Edited by helen

Pretty rainbow in the cobweb, Newfsie!

Helen, those are terrific photos! I love the movement in the seagulls and the lighting in the bus stop pic!

The beach pics are interesting, you can really see the difference using the flash made. Did you use the flash at full strength? I've tried using fill flash but haven't been too happy with the results!

Great Bee pic, Risyntira!

Brilliant capture, MM! I took about 40 shots of my brother's cats today - and not one was any good! I had to go out of my way to feed them, the least they could have done was cooperate!! :rofl:

I couldn't get a photo of a cat so I shot the furniture instead!

Day 035 - Chair Face

6816076417_fde08318bb_z.jpg

366 Days 035 Chair Face by nzalis99, on Flickr

Well, I'm glad you have continued :D

I have been using OCF in almost all of my selfies. This week I used a torch :laugh: I am really trying to push myself with the technical aspect. Flash really opens a whole new world, doesn't it?

I think next month I'll be trying that alphabet thing too... hope you guys don't steal all the good ideas for the difficult letters!

Playing a bit of catchup tonight:

Day 34 - 8 sleeps to go to my birthday. This is a piece of string from one of my dog's destroyed rope toys.

6821944301_e95894e9bb.jpg

Day 034 - 03/02/12 by misteri82, on Flickr

Day 35 - 7 walking trails in Thredbo... also having some fun playing with adjustments in Aperture.

6821943391_b905b6aae7.jpg

Day 035 - 04/02/12 by misteri82, on Flickr

Day 36 - 6 bottles of beer

6821942403_56f0e63f34.jpg

Day 036 - 05/02/12 by misteri82, on Flickr

Edited by Misteri

It could only be one thing today.....I have been waiting for this ornament for quite a while, they are numbered and only 250 are sold world-wide

It is called to the rescue..........By now you may have gathered I have a passion for newfies and newfie doing rescue

RMS Titanic, on her maiden voyage. Sunk on April 15th 1912 after hitting an Iceberg near newfoundland. Reportedly, a newfoundland dog (who was on the ship) was credited with saving many passengers.

2716514750048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by newfsie