Rant About Neighbours

Bully

Just need a rant :banghead:

I'm having big issues with my next door neighbors (I've moved back to my townhouse with Pele temporarily). Young couple early 20's moved in back in August. Seemed lovely, she was pregnant. They've got a dog and a cat (cat's are not allowed in my strata group). Lovely little dog, staffy/ACD X about 10 months old. They didn't tell the landlord or get permission from the corporate body. I was going to offer to walk the dog, but thought "hold back for a while, they've only just moved in and might think I'm a bit too familiar".

Fast forward. Dog hardly got walked. Baby arrived end of November. Dog hasn't been out of the tiny paved yard since :mad They only go out to feed him and don't pick up the poo. The record is 9 days!!!! :eek::mad They cleaned up NYE after 8 days!!! :eek::mad (they had visitors). The agent and owner want them out!! I want them out!! Unfortunately Tenants have rights :banghead: and these little slime bags know this. They are behind in their rent and the case has been before the Residential Tenancies Tribunal and the judge took pity on them, (of course they had the little baby in their arms) and apparently they left laughing. I've had verbal altercations with them. The council are toothless tigers and can only send warnings. The RSPCA can't do anything (he's fed, got water and a roof over his head - he's in the carport). Meanwhile I have to live with the stench of urine and poo and can’t sit outside and eat or enjoy my courtyard :mad I daren’t invite friends over. There’s also evidence of rats :mad Meanwhile the cat is stalking birds. They hang there washing on the balcony (not allowed!!) making it look like a 3rd world country.

Yes, I believe in karma and hopefully they’ll get theirs! I’ve been sitting out with Pele down by the lake with a glass of wine plotting what I’d like to do (legally of course) :grimace: Dead rats shoved into the ceiling cavity and buckets of dead fish on my balcony with a fan blowing in their direction come to mind *evil grin*

Phew that feels better getting that off my chest :D

Glad you feel better.

Some people don't deserve to have animals (or babies!)

Hopefully justice will prevail eventually.

If the agent is worth his weight he will put these tenants on a black list so any other agent when looking up their credentials will hopefully, for the sake of the new prospective landlord not rent to them. That's called karma.

Guest donatella

The problem is these people will never rent again (with a bad rental history) which means that this dog will end up in the pound and most likely PTS :(

Glad you feel better.

Thanks Sally and Tex :) Feeling much better now :laugh: Still feeling very malicious tho'

Got some great poo pics that I've been emailing to the strata managing agents and the land agent. The strata agent says to keep them coming :laugh: It's ammunition for the next tribunal hearing. I send 2 versions - "The daily blog" with funny titles "The Scoop on The Poop", "Another Day, Another Dollop" and an up-date and warning that the official whinge/complaint about their lack of effort for the files (and not for them to take to heart)is coming :D

The problem is these people will never rent again (with a bad rental history) which means that this dog will end up in the pound and most likely PTS :(

Sounds like the dog is not having a particularly nice experience now.....

Yeah, I know :( Hell, if I couldget get him off the property unknown I would do so. He's a gorgeous little dog and it breaks my heart hearing him crying, but PTS if it came to that would be better than what he's got now. I've never heard them praise him once, even before the baby :( He doesn't have any toys and no social interaction of any kind :(

I've become the nosy old "biddy" next door peeking thru' the window to see when they go out the front door and leave (make sure they leave together) so that I can climb up and look over the fence and check his water bowl, because if that's empty I'll be ringing the RSPCA so fast!!!! I'm getting really fit running up and down the stairs to peek out the bedroom window to check if they are leaving, don't need to go to the gym :laugh:

Edited by Bully

Glad you feel better.

Thanks Sally and Tex :) Feeling much better now :laugh: Still feeling very malicious tho'

Got some great poo pics that I've been emailing to the strata managing agents and the land agent. The strata agent says to keep them coming :laugh: It's ammunition for the next tribunal hearing. I send 2 versions - "The daily blog" with funny titles "The Scoop on The Poop", "Another Day, Another Dollop" and an up-date and warning that the official whinge/complaint about their lack of effort for the files (and not for them to take to heart)is coming :D

Great idea, the more evidence they have the more they've got the ability to impose some asskicking

Glad you feel better.

Great idea, the more evidence they have the more they've got the ability to impose some asskicking

Absolutely, photos and a written statement from you that they are disruptive will be helpful. The RTT hears all kinds of crap from both tenants and landlords, but the bottom line is they're lawyers and will go with the balance of evidence. They definitely appreciate someone with accurate records and a clear commplaint over someone who rocks in with a screaming baby in tow saying everyone is just picking on them :mad

Glad you feel better.

How about "Full of Sh*t" :rofl:

Would all the poo laying around be a health department problem? Might be worth a try. It would bring more flies too. Especially with the summer heat. yuk. :mad

You poor thing.

It comes under the council's "Environmental" Department and they are toothless :( If it was a commercial property and not private property they could act :mad Never mind, when they came out and took pics I suggested that they might want to check if he's registered :D I do volunteer work for the council's Animal Management thru' my local dog owner's group and one of things we do is help send out the registration discs. Think it's a $200 fine :thumbsup: I'm an *evil* bitch :laugh: I can play dirty too :D

To stir the pot I demanded that the council send someone out on Friday. They tried to fob me off and told me they are closed but I kicked up "shit" and they sent someone out to "talk" to them. I knew it probably wouldn't help, but thought a bit of harrassment wouldn't go astray and would be another complaint logged against them :thumbsup:

Glad you feel better.

How about "Full of Sh*t" :rofl:

We are back to Day 2, I'll wait a few more days for that one :rofl:

Ya gotta laugh about it :laugh:

Edited by Bully

Are you seriously annoyed at them hanging washing on their balcony?

It's not allowed in my unit group (21 in group). It's an upmarket suburb and when it was developed it was a big no no and probably still is. The dog poo is the big issue with me, but the washing and cat is another point against them. The washing in view on the road side was bought up by several others at our AGM (not me) and they have been told by the landlord and they complied, until obviously they were told they were being evicted, now they don't give a stuff. Never mind, their days are numbered :)

I just want the poo and urine smell cleaned on a daily basis :mad

Any wonder council isnt acting. You sound like a vexactious complainant. Ever thought about what action your neighbours could take against you constantly peering over the fence and taking photos of their private property?

Any wonder council isnt acting. You sound like a vexactious complainant. Ever thought about what action your neighbours could take against you constantly peering over the fence and taking photos of their private property?

I've had this property and lived in peace and harmony for 30 years. The width of my property is 5 metres, so it's right next to me. The stench is ruining my quality of life and enjoyment of my backyard. I could even smell it in my dining room when the wind direction changed :eek: The council have taken photos also. The council does not have the power to take further action unless it's a commercial property!! Can you believe it :confused:

Edited by Bully