Dog Tags

tlc

I have got these tags for my lot, they are great, just thought I would pop this link up for anyone interested. Also has anyone used groupon before? I ordered a tag at the reduced price but all It seemed to do was charge me the money and that was it, then it said I could use it tomorrow, so I am not really sure how it works.

Anyway here is the link http://www.groupon.com/deals/dog-tag-art?c=all&p=8

Its a good idea to get the silencer for around the outside of the tag especially if the dog wears other things on the same ring as the tag.

Still not sure how this groupon thing works, ive paid but havent picked the tag i want?

My other ones are all photo ones and they are fabulous!

Boomerangs are great, my friend got my lot one each for Xmas last year and they wear them most of the time. The dangly type ones they wear if we are going somewhere and on leash. My girls tags have that they are Delta dogs on them. They look great.

No email yet, I just checked bank and they have debited my account, maybe the email will be there later? I would have use the dog tag site directly but I couldn't find the code.

Edited by tlc

No email yet, I just checked bank and they have debited my account, maybe the email will be there later? I would have use the dog tag site directly but I couldn't find the code.

Dont fret. Usually the deal has to expire before you get your voucher and then there is normally a one week period before you can book (it should say on the voucher when you can start ordering tags)

Those ones are cute too snook but I always worry that if your dog is lost someone actually needs to physically hold them by the collar and turn the tag around to actually see your contact info. Many people won't want to do this (unless they're 100% confortable with dogs) and some dogs won't like to be manhandled by a stranger when they are already lost and stressed (even the biggest sook can snap when cornered).

The best tag I had was 2-sided with large white font with their name and my mobile. It could be read a few metres away easily. Unfortunately I got a new mobile number when I changed jobs and I can't remember who I got the tag from.

I've had a look through heaps of them and whilst there are some awfully cute ones there none of them really seem to suit Justice's ruthless leather collar too well so I think I'm going to look at getting a custom one made from this Etsy seller that ruthless posted about a while ago. I like the idea of the Boomerang ones but they don't make them wide enough for Justice's collar.

theres a company called Fetching tags they would suit a ruthless collar

Those ones are cute too snook but I always worry that if your dog is lost someone actually needs to physically hold them by the collar and turn the tag around to actually see your contact info. Many people won't want to do this (unless they're 100% confortable with dogs) and some dogs won't like to be manhandled by a stranger when they are already lost and stressed (even the biggest sook can snap when cornered).

You say that like it's normal for people to, I dunno, crouch a few meters away from stray dogs, holding up a notepad and waiting for the dog to turn in just the right angle (potentially even following the dog in case it absentmindedly decides to chase after a squirrel, but they're pretty determined, so of course they have to tail it for a bit, maybe hide in the bushes because they're scared the dog will notice them and eat them up) to allow people to glance (and remember) a ten-digit number that they notice off the tag. :laugh: If someone is going to be calling you about your missing dog, they have probably caught him/her and handled the tag.

I've called people when out walking (always wak with my mobile) by reading a tag from a distance? Didn't seem stupid to me - the dog was scared, it certainly didn't want me approaching it and then grabbing it by the collar.